Mafia-Townie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Don Jalapeno
Don Jalapeno
Pro Poster

Game 2: Custom Poisoner Open Setup (Preseaon) - Page 3 Empty Re: Game 2: Custom Poisoner Open Setup (Preseaon)

Tue Apr 14, 2020 2:10 am
Chris Mclean probably u read wrong but i asked poisoner to claim D2 not early lol and that is the correct play if we misslynch today and mafia kills vt tomorrow
Don Jalapeno
Don Jalapeno
Pro Poster

Game 2: Custom Poisoner Open Setup (Preseaon) - Page 3 Empty Re: Game 2: Custom Poisoner Open Setup (Preseaon)

Tue Apr 14, 2020 2:16 am
Dee Dee wrote:
Don Jalapeno wrote:Ez ggs my dudes Cannonbolt + Chris Mclean are mafia, and Weevilunderwood is poisoner, im vt and everyone else too ggs
Im interested in how u derived that scumread in early d1. W0W
Lynch Dee Dee

^ Lol its rather funny to get sred for saying 3 random people are a role, as an opening message, when i am the second/third person to talk ahaha omg so funny haha

Don Jalapeno wrote:Hm yeah. For now i'll stick to my Dee Dee lynch since how they gave reads early day one without explaining them at all is scummy
^hahaha omg haha wow i didnt explain my srs wow haha almost like they hadnt even talked yet haha, why are you not going for everyone else who placed a lynch without explaining it? Hypocrisy hahaha omg haha

Don Jalapeno wrote:Kk by PoE, Tee Dee is scum

Don Jalapeno wrote:because 1) Greg Universe is like highly unlikely to be scum
               2)Same thing goes for Tinky Winky cause scum would obviously not help town by working their ass off to form those thesis
               3) Tee Dee posted a whole block of reads early d1 as i said without explaining them a bit
               4) Hugh Test is null
               5) Rest are basically not talking at all. If tee dee flips scum then cannon bolt is scum too since cannon bold were their scumread but Tee Dee didn't lynch them and instead went for Hugh Test (If tee dee flips scum hugh test is clear from my PoV)
^ lol  Greg is not highly unlikely to be scum, just because he sent a couple messages discussing the same thing over and over with you means nothing
2) Scum would "town" to get that exact responsse from town people like you who cant see effort without thinking "wow he must be town!!"
3) hahahahaha bro so funny
4) Hugh Test is actually your mafia partner

Unlynch Chris Mclean
Lynch Don Jalapeno

1) my first lynch on u was RRV (slightly motivated by ur sudden meme SRs) followed by PoE. I highly town read Greg by his interactions with me
2) My read on u was further strengthened by PoE
3) My TR on greg is viable since he has done more than what you have done? Lol
4) Bless us with ur reads my friend
Don Jalapeno
Don Jalapeno
Pro Poster

Tue Apr 14, 2020 2:19 am
Tinky Winky wrote:Honestly, nobody should really be lock town at this stage of the game. But I still think our priority right now is to lynch those who aren't active, because we don't have lots of chances to policy people. If scum were to be someone who is active, then it's much more likely that scum would say something scummy or even slip over an extended period of time, so we could easily pick them off on d2 or d3, if we get there.

Also I do agree with @Chris Mclean that it's absurd to sr someone just for making an opening statement. Usually lynches at the beginning of the game are just done to have the game rolling.

I agree we shouldn't SR someone for their opening statements, but a sudden wall of reads ealry d1 isn't something u would call town?
Don Jalapeno
Don Jalapeno
Pro Poster

Tue Apr 14, 2020 2:23 am
Yeah for now Greg Universe and Tee Dee are townreads. Scumreads : Cannonbolt , Dee Dee. Slight Scum Leans : Weevil. Null : Chris Mclean and Hugh Test
Greg Universe
Greg Universe
Pro Poster

Tue Apr 14, 2020 4:50 am
I appreciate the odds bit, but it seriously seems like it was unnecessary. You can give a simple explanation, and whilst I'm not saying that stirring discussion is bad whatsoever, it's just that man, it really seemed as if you're trying to fish some free towncredit

Also,
Tinky Winky wrote:Seeing this, I don't think it's ideal for the poisoner to claim even on d2 (unless they're about to be lynched or they were intercepted by the brainshocker and they end up poisoning themselves).
I'd like to agree but I'm seeing things differently. In the case of a mislynch today, we will be in a lylo situation tomorrow. I don't know how lylos are treated here, but if it's the votelock/quickhammer situation, then there is no "claim if being lynched" situation. I'm not going to disagree on the fact that odds are tipped on town's side, but mate the worst case scenario is that we lynch town and mess up the entire game. Sure, it'll ruin the essence of the game and make the best case scenario us playing a mountainous setup, but trust me I would much rather take that
Greg Universe
Greg Universe
Pro Poster

Tue Apr 14, 2020 5:09 am
Chris Mclean wrote:
               2)Same thing goes for Tinky Winky cause scum would obviously not help town by working their ass off to form those thesis
               3) Tee Dee posted a whole block of reads early d1 as i said without explaining them a bit
               4) Hugh Test is null
               5) Rest are basically not talking at all. If tee dee flips scum then cannon bolt is scum too since cannon bold were their scumread but Tee Dee didn't lynch them and instead went for Hugh Test (If tee dee flips scum hugh test is clear from my PoV)

I'm a bit late, but reading through I've made some reads, and this quote lets me directly discuss the general reads atm (because this does seem to be a somewhat general thought).

1) Greg Universe is active, yes, but has done nothing too major to locktown them, and there's no real reason to place anything more than a tl here. Additionally, they have been focused on how to play the setup, and less so on srs/trs, which is something of a scumtell, actually.
2) Thank you Tinky Winky for making those probability trees, but this does not scream town. Scum can make these just as easily, and post them to get towncred. As such, Tinky Winky is a null imo.
3) Don Jalapeno has a) sred someone for an opening statement (which are supposed to be crazy anyway), b) complained about the scumsided nature of the setup, which one might read as NAI, but imo it's a natural way for scum to seem less sided with scum, c) has wanted poisoner to claim relatively early, which is a scum strat given OS brainshocker - Poisoner should NOT claim unless being lynched, and d) has made reads that I don't agree with really, as you can already see, so to me they seem like fake reads.

Therefore, Lynch Don Jalapeno

4) as for the rest, I don't have reads because of inactivity or generallynot having said anything too alignment indicative.

I quite like this man, actually. Comes off with a good post with well explained reads.
There's just the thing with Don, I don't know at what point do we draw the line between reaction testing and actual lynching. To me, it genuinely seemed like it was just their rvs vote with a little bit of added salt because their vote lacked any substance or reasoning whatsoever, and to me it seemed like they were pretty self aware of that too, I mean
This cannot be serious? There is literally nothing to poe from, I had honestly assumed it was a terrible early tunnel to get reads?

And while we are at it, aside from my previous post let's keep our setup differences aside and talk about the real stuff @tinkywinky what's your position in the game right now? Where do your reads go? I'm currently neutral but slightly leaning on you
Don Jalapeno
Don Jalapeno
Pro Poster

Tue Apr 14, 2020 5:15 am
Greg Universe there is something to PoE from? with my TRs and my SRs, Poe forming is a thing? idk what ur saying. Also i never asked poisoner to claim d1? Idk what Chris Mclean wrote
Greg Universe
Greg Universe
Pro Poster

Tue Apr 14, 2020 5:23 am
Dee Dee wrote:Link to post

I'm not going to disagree with point 1.5 and 2, but this post really screams red. You've only made one post addressing just one person who not only had just become a town target, but was also the guy who was lynching you. Now sure maybe you genuinely found them scummy, but your whole tone (this whole "haha ur funny bro" is a big pet peeve, but i'm excluding that here) is especially iffy and doesn't sound productive/towny
Greg Universe
Greg Universe
Pro Poster

Tue Apr 14, 2020 5:25 am
Don Jalapeno wrote:Greg Universe there is something to PoE from? with my TRs and my SRs, Poe forming is a thing? idk what ur saying. Also i never asked poisoner to claim d1? Idk what Chris Mclean wrote

Okay my mistake, I should've read more carefully whoops
But really, is PoE the most efficient way of effective scumreading right now? And "with my TRs and SRs" if you have SRs, why aren't the lynches on them instead of being on someone who's taken out via damned PoE?
Don Jalapeno
Don Jalapeno
Pro Poster

Tue Apr 14, 2020 5:26 am
my SR is thanks to PoE
Greg Universe
Greg Universe
Pro Poster

Tue Apr 14, 2020 5:27 am
Don Jalapeno wrote:
Tinky Winky wrote:Honestly, nobody should really be lock town at this stage of the game. But I still think our priority right now is to lynch those who aren't active, because we don't have lots of chances to policy people. If scum were to be someone who is active, then it's much more likely that scum would say something scummy or even slip over an extended period of time, so we could easily pick them off on d2 or d3, if we get there.

Also I do agree with @Chris Mclean that it's absurd to sr someone just for making an opening statement. Usually lynches at the beginning of the game are just done to have the game rolling.

I agree we shouldn't SR someone for their opening statements, but a sudden wall of reads ealry d1 isn't something u would call town?

Nup, the opening statements can be as bull as it can get. I can say kliff's the damned mafia, sure that'll work. We need something to stir discussion from, and it was all jolly when I was under the illusion that you were sr'ing them to get discussion going but man what happened
Don Jalapeno
Don Jalapeno
Pro Poster

Tue Apr 14, 2020 5:33 am
didn't i say my first lynch on them was RVS motivated slightly by that crazy wall of reads? But then i started SR-ing them cause of PoE and their reactions towards my SR even strengthened my read on them
Greg Universe
Greg Universe
Pro Poster

Tue Apr 14, 2020 7:03 am
Cannonbolt wrote:Page one takeaways: slight tr don, dee dee's entry read awk asf. might just be a tonal thing though.

poisoner shouldn't even consider claiming rn unless being lynched  (haven't broken down the setup in my head enough to know whether d2 is optimal, or what gameplay string is optimal in general), kneejerk glance at is says d1 NL for the sake of letting poisoner do his/her thing is objectively awful for the sake of progressing the gamestate and solving down the POE

I like this slot too, slight townlead on this one

Comes in, has a good "yeah im gonna gamesolve" tone, states reads and summary and talks about what they think of the game
Greg Universe
Greg Universe
Pro Poster

Tue Apr 14, 2020 7:06 am
Eitherway, how much time do we have left? I'd like to put some pressure on Hugh Test / Weevil for now, though my current fos are hugh test/dee dee/don with tinky just floating around the edge
Weevil Underwood
Weevil Underwood
intermediate poster

Tue Apr 14, 2020 9:08 am
hi
Weevil Underwood
Weevil Underwood
intermediate poster

Tue Apr 14, 2020 9:09 am
Firstly, Cannonbolt is indeed a Ben 10 character.

Secondly, remind me not to take Don Jalapeno's reads into account when I read game because they have the worst reads I've ever seen.

Thirdly, I expected more activity and was dreading playing catchup, but it appears that the game suffers from the opposite problem
Weevil Underwood
Weevil Underwood
intermediate poster

Tue Apr 14, 2020 9:14 am
Vote Hugh Test

I know it sounds hypocritical coming from me but I'd much rather prefer lynching into the pool of inactives than into the active talkers. Some of the actives do have terrible reads and posts, but none of them feel scum driven. It's that kind of bad read that comes from Town more often than it does Scum that makes me not so hot on bandwagoning onto Jalapeno.

Weevil Underwood
Weevil Underwood
intermediate poster

Tue Apr 14, 2020 9:19 am
Also lowkey don't like Tinky either. I don't know why people feel like effort is something only Town does, like, if a townie can put in effort to play the game, so can a mafiosi? Stats are an easy way to score points with the game since you literally don't need to fake anything. I don't remember who townread Tinky for that but I'm striking them down a notch on my reads list for that.

Honestly my only strong townread right now is Greg, Jalapeno opinions aren't worth listening to and Dee Dee is being a clown. The rest... don't make any lasting impression on me to be honest so they probably don't matter as much.
Weevil Underwood
Weevil Underwood
intermediate poster

Tue Apr 14, 2020 9:22 am
Cannonbolt wrote:
Chris Mclean wrote:
               4) Hugh Test is null

I'm a bit late, but reading through I've made some reads, and this quote lets me directly discuss the general reads atm (because this does seem to be a somewhat general thought).

1) Greg Universe is active, yes, but has done nothing too major to locktown them, and there's no real reason to place anything more than a tl here. Additionally, they have been focused on how to play the setup, and less so on srs/trs, which is something of a scumtell, actually.
2) Thank you Tinky Winky for making those probability trees, but this does not scream town. Scum can make these just as easily, and post them to get towncred. As such, Tinky Winky is a null imo.
3) Don Jalapeno has a) sred someone for an opening statement (which are supposed to be crazy anyway), b) complained about the scumsided nature of the setup, which one might read as NAI, but imo it's a natural way for scum to seem less sided with scum, c) has wanted poisoner to claim relatively early, which is a scum strat given OS brainshocker - Poisoner should NOT claim unless being lynched, and d) has made reads that I don't agree with really, as you can already see, so to me they seem like fake reads.

I think I like you too

4) as for the rest, I don't have reads because of inactivity or generallynot having said anything too alignment indicative.
i like you

Cannonbolt wrote:reading into dee-dee's posts this game is just gonna suck huh? her tone makes me 🤢
also why does frigging weevil get the best avatar
yes
Weevil Underwood
Weevil Underwood
intermediate poster

Tue Apr 14, 2020 9:23 am
Weevil Underwood wrote:
Cannonbolt wrote:
Chris Mclean wrote:
               4) Hugh Test is null

i like you

I like this

Cannonbolt wrote:reading into dee-dee's posts this game is just gonna suck huh? her tone makes me 🤢
also why does frigging weevil get the best avatar
yes

EBWOP
Chris Mclean
Chris Mclean
Pro Poster

Tue Apr 14, 2020 11:25 am
Dee Dee wrote:
Don Jalapeno wrote:Ez ggs my dudes Cannonbolt + Chris Mclean are mafia, and Weevilunderwood is poisoner, im vt and everyone else too ggs
Im interested in how u derived that scumread in early d1. W0W
Lynch Dee Dee

^ Lol its rather funny to get sred for saying 3 random people are a role, as an opening message, when i am the second/third person to talk ahaha omg so funny haha

Don Jalapeno wrote:Hm yeah. For now i'll stick to my Dee Dee lynch since how they gave reads early day one without explaining them at all is scummy
^hahaha omg haha wow i didnt explain my srs wow haha almost like they hadnt even talked yet haha, why are you not going for everyone else who placed a lynch without explaining it? Hypocrisy hahaha omg haha

4) Hugh Test is null
^ lol  Greg is not highly unlikely to be scum, just because he sent a couple messages discussing the same thing over and over with you means nothing
2) Scum would "town" to get that exact responsse from town people like you who cant see effort without thinking "wow he must be town!!"
3) hahahahaha bro so funny
4) Hugh Test is actually your mafia partner

Unlynch Chris Mclean
Lynch Don Jalapeno

hahahhahaa omg can you speak like an actual person and use original arguments instead of just copying what other people have said to try to get free towncred thx. As for the bits I highlighted in orange, they speak for themselves. Thanks. Now, I would sr this, but I sr Don more and I don't currently read Tee Dee and Don as scumpartners, but I'll reassess this when Don flips.
Chris Mclean
Chris Mclean
Pro Poster

Tue Apr 14, 2020 11:26 am
Oh oops I misread when in reply mode cos that was in a quote
Chris Mclean
Chris Mclean
Pro Poster

Tue Apr 14, 2020 11:27 am
The two highlighted bits that Dee Dee wrote are still pertinent and relevant, however.
Chris Mclean
Chris Mclean
Pro Poster

Tue Apr 14, 2020 11:33 am
Moving on, I don't like Weevil because policy lynching inactives is neg-town because it removes the ability to make reads on your lynches and it turns this into a game of EVed statistics, which has already been shown to be slightly scumsided. Your reads are also a bit potato because you've repeated the general sr on Don, tred Greg without reasoning even though Greg's slot is very debatable at present, and haven't actually explored what Dee Dee's 'being a clown' means - do you think that's potato, or scum? (For reference, as can be seen in my prior post, I currently read this as potato.)
Chris Mclean
Chris Mclean
Pro Poster

Tue Apr 14, 2020 11:33 am
Don Jalapeno wrote:Chris Mclean probably u read wrong but i asked poisoner to claim D2 not early lol and that is the correct play if we misslynch today and mafia kills vt tomorrow
D2 is early
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum