Mafia-Townie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game 4: The Choice

+6
Kauren
Slifer
Drago
cacturne
Nadi
Kliff
10 posters
Go down
Ponyo
Ponyo
intermediate poster

Game 4:  The Choice - Page 2 Empty Re: Game 4: The Choice

Wed Mar 31, 2021 8:48 pm
Drago wrote:Also I am pretty sure mafia is going to pick ninja and strongman because I believed that gives them the best chances to win

they only pick one my man
Drago
Drago
Pro Poster

Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:44 pm
Ponyo wrote:
Drago wrote:Lynch Cacturne

this might be a swing and a miss but: from the timing of this it seems like this is more than just a random rvs?

care to explain?

It kinda a rvs. It just took longer to process because I wanted to see how the day goes.
Drago
Drago
Pro Poster

Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:44 pm
Ponyo wrote:
Drago wrote:Also I am pretty sure mafia is going to pick ninja and strongman because I believed that gives them the best chances to win

they only pick one my man

And I thought it was 2
Kauren
Kauren
Pro Poster

Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:22 pm
I am indeed a tryhard. Your accusations ring true.

I would normally be flaming you for misreading setup, but lowkey I misread it on the first run through which led to me rewriting that setup analysis post (which is why it took so long lol) so.... >.>

Kauren
Kauren
Pro Poster

Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:23 pm
Drago wrote:
cacturne wrote:STITCH ah he's so cute

Anyway, Drago is scum because he's a dragon and everyone else is some form of cute/amazing creature
Eitherway, I want to create some discussion and rn the best way to do that is to talk about setup

I dislike Mason as a choice tbh

I think mason is a good role if both town power roles picked it and they don't get nk on n1

Vote Drago
Ponyo
Ponyo
intermediate poster

Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:49 pm
Kauren wrote:
Drago wrote:

Anyway, Drago is scum because he's a dragon and everyone else is some form of cute/amazing creature
Eitherway, I want to create some discussion and rn the best way to do that is to talk about setup

I think mason is a good role if both town power roles picked it and they don't get nk on n1

Vote Drago

pls explain :v
Patamon
Patamon
intermediate poster

Thu Apr 01, 2021 12:07 am
Ponyo wrote:
Kauren wrote:
Drago wrote:

Vote Drago

I think it's really self explanatory honestly.  In what world is it beneficial to throw away all potential PR use in exchange for the 2 PRs being able to communicate with each other.  What do they gain here? They can only confirm the other town PR and are essentially useless in their roles after that point.  With 9 people in this game, confirming 1 out of the other 8 is almost completely useless until you start whittling the numbers down.  However, by that point you're going to have a much higher chance of killing one of the 2 masons, meaning that the ONLY thing that both the Town PRs had going for them is completely nullified.  If we look at it in terms of fractions, the scum always have a denominator that is 2 lower than what the masons would have in terms of "knowledge".  Masons combined know knowledge about 2 of the 9 players in the game whereas scum have a 2 out of 7 chance at killing one of the 2 masons.  The math alone shows that the value of the information that is gained from the masons is completely and utterly worthless.  Even if both Town PRs were to immediately come out and say they were masons, meaning that the chance of finding the scum for every town player is also now 2/7, it doesn't matter anymore cause no one can restrict the actions of the scum anyways and gather future potential info.  

TLDR, cause I feel like I'm talking a lot of extra crap and talking in circles in order explain why this is bad,  town TR picking mason is an extremely bad choice and suggestion to make.
Ponyo
Ponyo
intermediate poster

Thu Apr 01, 2021 12:13 am
Patamon wrote:
Ponyo wrote:
Kauren wrote:
Drago wrote:

Vote Drago

I think it's really self explanatory honestly.  In what world is it beneficial to throw away all potential PR use in exchange for the 2 PRs being able to communicate with each other.  What do they gain here? They can only confirm the other town PR and are essentially useless in their roles after that point.  With 9 people in this game, confirming 1 out of the other 8 is almost completely useless until you start whittling the numbers down.  However, by that point you're going to have a much higher chance of killing one of the 2 masons, meaning that the ONLY thing that both the Town PRs had going for them is completely nullified.  If we look at it in terms of fractions, the scum always have a denominator that is 2 lower than what the masons would have in terms of "knowledge".  Masons combined know knowledge about 2 of the 9 players in the game whereas scum have a 2 out of 7 chance at killing one of the 2 masons.  The math alone shows that the value of the information that is gained from the masons is completely and utterly worthless.  Even if both Town PRs were to immediately come out and say they were masons, meaning that the chance of finding the scum for every town player is also now 2/7, it doesn't matter anymore cause no one can restrict the actions of the scum anyways and gather future potential info.  

TLDR, cause I feel like I'm talking a lot of extra crap and talking in circles in order explain why this is bad,  town TR picking mason is an extremely bad choice and suggestion to make.

I'm in perfect agreement with you that mason is a bad choice, but there's not an inherent connection there to being scum, which is what I want clarification on
Patamon
Patamon
intermediate poster

Thu Apr 01, 2021 12:23 am
[quote="Ponyo"][quote="Patamon"][quote="Ponyo"][quote="Kauren"][quote="Drago"][quote="cacturne"]STITCH ah he's so cute

[/quote]

I think mason is a good role if both town power roles picked it and they don't get nk on n1[/quote]

[b]Vote Drago[/b][/quote]

pls explain :v[/quote]

TLDR, cause I feel like I'm talking a lot of extra crap and talking in circles in order explain why this is bad,  town TR picking mason is an extremely bad choice and suggestion to make.[/quote]

I'm in perfect agreement with you that mason is a bad choice, but there's not an inherent connection there to being scum, which is what I want clarification on[/quote]

Oh yeah I mean, I think it's one of those things where if you're trying to insinuate in any shape or form that mason is good in ANY case, which is what he did say cause you know:

[/quote]

I think mason is a good role if both town power roles picked it and they don't get nk on n1[/quote]

that's one of those things where you just put out little bits of sus. Especially since this is day 1.
Patamon
Patamon
intermediate poster

Thu Apr 01, 2021 12:27 am
I didn't format that right whoops. But you get the point.
Drago
Drago
Pro Poster

Thu Apr 01, 2021 12:40 am
Patamon wrote:
Ponyo wrote:
Kauren wrote:
Drago wrote:

Vote Drago

My thing is that mason can read the wagons well enough and they should be able to find scum by day 2
Drago
Drago
Pro Poster

Thu Apr 01, 2021 12:41 am
I just reread the intro to the game and I feel stupid
Ponyo
Ponyo
intermediate poster

Thu Apr 01, 2021 12:54 am
Patamon wrote:

that's one of those things where you just put out little bits of sus.  Especially since this is day 1.  

Putting out small amounts of suspicion for d1's sake is fine but it's worth reasoning about if there is any merit to that suspicion at all beyond your initial gut reaction. The implied suggestion here is that Drago might be attempting to mislead the town, correct? It would take an unbelievable amount of arrogance from a mafia to do that here from just stating "mason good". You would be hoping that your quick calculation to determine the badness of the mason couldn't be done by 7 other competent townies in a 72-hour period. It's not reasonable.

there are other reasons you could scumlean Drago at this point though and I want to hear them if Kauren had any of those in mind
Patamon
Patamon
intermediate poster

Thu Apr 01, 2021 1:05 am
Ponyo wrote:
Patamon wrote:

that's one of those things where you just put out little bits of sus.  Especially since this is day 1.  

Putting out small amounts of suspicion for d1's sake is fine but it's worth reasoning about if there is any merit to that suspicion at all beyond your initial gut reaction. The implied suggestion here is that Drago might be attempting to mislead the town, correct? It would take an unbelievable amount of arrogance from a mafia to do that here from just stating "mason good". You would be hoping that your quick calculation to determine the badness of the mason couldn't be done by 7 other competent townies in a 72-hour period. It's not reasonable.

there are other reasons you could scumlean Drago at this point though and I want to hear them if Kauren had any of those in mind

I think that right there is the inherent issue though. You'd THINK that the others would come to this conclusion. When someone doesn't, that's the big issue. I agree that in the grand scheme it's not a lot of info, but for day 1 where nothing has happened, I'd say this is pretty substantial. Just my take on it. I agree that I want to hear what Kauren was thinking regarding his vote in response to the original statement.
Ponyo
Ponyo
intermediate poster

Thu Apr 01, 2021 1:12 am
Patamon wrote:
Ponyo wrote:
Patamon wrote:

I think that right there is the inherent issue though.  You'd THINK that the others would come to this conclusion.  When someone doesn't, that's the big issue.  I agree that in the grand scheme it's not a lot of info, but for day 1 where nothing has happened, I'd say this is pretty substantial.  Just my take on it.  I agree that I want to hear what Kauren was thinking regarding his vote in response to the original statement.

Not really getting what you're saying here; honestly it feel kinda non-sequitur-ish. How does Drago coming to an incorrect conclusion about masons make him a more likely scum?
Kauren
Kauren
Pro Poster

Thu Apr 01, 2021 2:42 am
Because he didnt read my post and I didnt like that :<
Kauren
Kauren
Pro Poster

Thu Apr 01, 2021 2:44 am
That came off a lot more narcissistic than I meant to.

In case it wasnt clear, that post was a joke.

Although I do believe that throwing uninformed posts up there is not cool and I'm totally fine leaving my vote there until smarter things get said.
Kauren
Kauren
Pro Poster

Thu Apr 01, 2021 2:46 am
@Kliff you wanna up the prodding a once per 24h or thrice per 48h kinda deal? Two pages in like 2 days isnt exactly inspiring as to the activity of the game.
Kauren
Kauren
Pro Poster

Thu Apr 01, 2021 2:49 am
I just realized my social engineering of PR selection idea doesnt work. Im gonna continue brainstorming for that one once im out of class
Slifer
Slifer
intermediate poster

Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:31 am
sorry i’ve been pretty inactive, i’ll try and pick up the pace a little bit and offer some game thoughts!

As far as the whole thing with Drago goes, i’m really leaning that they are more uninformed town than scum. All of their posts seem more misguided than malice. The whole town picking Mason thing seems like more of a misunderstanding than intentionally trying to get town to screw themselves over by picking mason (and to make a sr on someone for something as minuscule as that seems like a bit of a stretch)

That being said, I could be completely wrong but I don’t see any huge reason to sr them let alone only based on that one setup read

As for town reads i’m mainly TRing ponyo at the moment, mostly because their posts concise and get to the point while still trying to keep the game on track/ on the rails. I also really loved the way they handled Patamons SR on Drago

As far as the other 3 who really haven’t said much i’d love to hear more from Nadi, they way they said “What do you mean you don’t like mason a choice, are you trying to PR slip?” it seemed like it was trying to force conflict or something that was unnecessary. Of course
they’ve barely said anything so this isn’t something to actually SR them over, but it definitely rubbed me the wrong way
Nadi
Nadi
intermediate poster

Thu Apr 01, 2021 11:55 am
Bruh , I just didnt see he had put the choices up there , thought they were PMed
Nadi
Nadi
intermediate poster

Thu Apr 01, 2021 11:59 am
Ponyo sounds towny to me too , vote Cacturne
Stitch
Stitch
intermediate poster

Thu Apr 01, 2021 1:25 pm

i agree 100% dragons are scary.
and yes im the cutest in the universe.

Lynch Drago
Stitch
Stitch
intermediate poster

Thu Apr 01, 2021 1:26 pm
Slifer wrote:

I feel like cacturne is scum, because they are calling Drago scum for being a dragon, which is rude because I am also a dragon. Vote Cacturne

the difference is that you're a cool dragon. Drago is uncool dragon.
Stitch
Stitch
intermediate poster

Thu Apr 01, 2021 1:28 pm
also, as long as the town prs pick anything besides mason then im happy. i feel like mason is risky especially if one of them happens to die early on. if we had two separate town prs then at least we have someone to fall back on if one were to die.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum