Mafia-Townie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game 4: The Choice

+6
Kauren
Slifer
Drago
cacturne
Nadi
Kliff
10 posters
Go down
Patamon
Patamon
intermediate poster

Game 4:  The Choice - Page 6 Empty Re: Game 4: The Choice

Mon Apr 05, 2021 7:02 pm
Slifer wrote:
Stitch wrote:besides the fact that nadi has said almost nothing important d1, so far, i'm in agreement with his d2 posts.

my reads on slifer and patamon aren't solidified yet, so they're susceptible to change.

i will say that patamon's logic has been consistent throughout his posts. it's interesting to see how patamon's vote on natto kozo transfered over seamlessly from d1 to d2. This makes me believe that patamon is a tunneling town or scum trying to push for a natto kozo wagon. i prefer the former logic, so i will say patamon is town for now.

out of these three, i think slifer is most scummy even though he hasn't done anything egregiously wrong. however, he hasn't done anything incredibly right either. his posts seem overly passive. Vote Slifer

something about this post doesn’t really strike me right, it more or less seems to be going completely along with what has already been a popular consensus.

I especially don’t like this post considering the absolute nothingness that was Stitch’s day 1. It seems like a lazy attempt to gain a sliver of towncred from banking off of already popular opinions.

And my biggest problem with this (albeit maybe a little biased) is that the SR on me is based purely on “They haven’t done anything scummy, but they haven’t done anything towny either”

I get why that is a red flag, since not helping forward town wincon can sometimes be helping forward scum wincon. But to use that as a justification for your biggest SR while you have already given real reasons as to scummy things on what other people have done, seems very iffy to me.

It also seems like stitch is simply trying to pick one of the safest options to put a vote on instead of trying to push anything real.

TLDR: Stitchs vote on me really seems like a lazy attempt to try and pretend like they are playing the game, combined with the fact that they haven’t had a unique thought of their own, really rubs me the wrong way here.

Correct me if I'm wrong, you're not happy with the SR on you from Stitch cause you find it to be hypocritical.

If this is the case, I would say stop trying to hard defend your actions while you aren't even putting out any votes in retaliation. You haven't provided any substantial info to the discussions either and yet you try to jump on someone who is calling you out for doing it because they hadn't previously done it. I don't see how Stitch is jumping on popular opinions either since he's made his own judgements and posted them.
Drago
Drago
Pro Poster

Mon Apr 05, 2021 7:13 pm
Kauren wrote:Interesting Nightkill.

The craziest part is that I thought he was scum
Drago
Drago
Pro Poster

Mon Apr 05, 2021 7:16 pm
Patamon wrote:I actually see this in a different light.  Because of how Ponyo was wanting to push out the active players that contributed nothing, it seems more reasonable that scum see this as a way to push a false agenda so to speak.  It's not too farfetched to think they'd assume we act this way given the nk and as a result, throw more sus onto the players that aren't contributing much.  I actually want to say that scum might either be a player who is contributing to the discussion or someone who is almost nonexistant.  As such, I want to look at the high posters and the extremely low posters.  That being said, I still think the right vote here is Lynch Nattō Kozō just from how they've been acting and responding to the discussion thus far.  I also feel like they're staying under the radar by saying absolutely nothing of any substance to analyze given how we heavily analyzed Drago the first day and that made a majority of our discussion.  

I agree with Patamon's reason about at least 1 mafia player is one of the actives people playing this game.
Drago
Drago
Pro Poster

Mon Apr 05, 2021 7:20 pm
Nadi wrote:I find it concerning that Patamon and Kauren postulate that there was some sort of complex agenda behind Ponyo's kill.
I would expect mafia to either PR hunt or simply kill off the universal trs and the latter situation seems to be what had transpired . Their theories sound like excuses to push their own agenda

Or they can push a narrative because power roles can be useless if they are used incorrectly. Granted I understand your reason, but if you can't strongly find who could be a pr then the best plan is to push a narrative because at this point of the game only a pr who claims will be universal town.
Drago
Drago
Pro Poster

Mon Apr 05, 2021 7:23 pm
Patamon wrote:
Kauren wrote:
Patamon wrote:I actually see this in a different light.  Because of how Ponyo was wanting to push out the active players that contributed nothing, it seems more reasonable that scum see this as a way to push a false agenda so to speak.  It's not too farfetched to think they'd assume we act this way given the nk and as a result, throw more sus onto the players that aren't contributing much.  I actually want to say that scum might either be a player who is contributing to the discussion or someone who is almost nonexistant.  As such, I want to look at the high posters and the extremely low posters.  That being said, I still think the right vote here is Lynch Nattō Kozō just from how they've been acting and responding to the discussion thus far.  I also feel like they're staying under the radar by saying absolutely nothing of any substance to analyze given how we heavily analyzed Drago the first day and that made a majority of our discussion.  

Uh, what's your stand here? You think scum wants us to push an active fluffposter and we shouldn't fall for their trap, but then proceed to vote someone on that exact same basis?

I think I've either misspoken or you've misunderstood what I've been saying.  I believe that the people that are in the most contention right now are the people who aren't participating as much or the people who are participating too much.  There's almost no activity from like half of the group and as such, it would make sense if the scum are also laying low amongst all the other low posters. OR, they're trying to seem extremely active with the people who were posting a lot and trying to drive the discussion.  In addition to that being said, Nattō Kozō has contributed less than nothing to discussions as they have barely ever chimed in, and the one time they did, their logic and reasoning was so off that it doesn't seem to have any good intentions whatsoever.  Hence why I planted my vote there.  

I would say I don't like Nadi's analyzing of how we should be handling our own analysis of the nks.  As it was already said, the lack of participation from everyone has made it increasingly difficult to get any sort of obvious reads on people so we have to analyze everything and anything that we can get our hands on.  I'm honestly confused why there aren't more analyses going on about why Ponyo was chosen as the nk considering you're saying scum should be PR hunting.  What vibes did Ponyo give that could have indicated them being a potential PR and if on the off chance that there doesn't appear to be any traits that were clearly visible, what was the reasoning for taking them out over any others.  All Ponyo did d1 was put TR reads on Drago and the try to dissuade killing an afk player.  These are points to be analyzing in some shape or form.  Did they kill Ponyo to make it seem like Drago was more innocent when he's scum, or are they doing it in reverse to make it seem like he's scum by clearing someone who was heavily TRing him.  

Most of this might sound repetitive and like fluff, but I'm really trying to push the fact that I don't like how you're playing this and your logic here is just really bad @Nadi

At this point, Patamon is just speaking facts. I am echoing this thought.
Drago
Drago
Pro Poster

Mon Apr 05, 2021 7:30 pm
The more I think about day 2 makes me realize that the death of Ponyo wasn't a bad idea because now we have to sus people who put too little or too much effort into the game so far. Also, I believe we should target the people who haven't post as much because regardless if they are town or not they aren't helping us find mafia in this game. At this point, I am going to lynch my other scum read from day 1 and see what happens from there. Lynch Nadi
Nadi
Nadi
intermediate poster

Tue Apr 06, 2021 12:49 am
Unpopular Opinion , I feel like Natto Kozo could actually be town , The tone sounds disgruntled townie to me

Drago buttering up Patamon , saying 1 mafia player is among the actives and then voting me , ugh doesnt sound good

Slifer vs Stitch - dont think its S v S , could possibly be T v T
Kauren
Kauren
Pro Poster

Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:06 am
I don't know how y'all define a "read" but there's no way 4 pages of forumotion page sizes is enough to even come close to declaring someone a "Universal" TR

As for what the Cacturne lynch accomplished, it accomplished nothing, but had the potential to accomplish something. Better than No Lynch which genuinely would have accomplished nothing 100% of the time. An inactive townie is functionally identical to a dead townie in any case.

@Patamon
"scum might either be a player who is contributing to the discussion or someone who is almost nonexistent"
So is Natto the former or the latter?
Kauren
Kauren
Pro Poster

Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:07 am
Drago wrote:The more I think about day 2 makes me realize that the death of Ponyo wasn't a bad idea because now we have to sus people who put too little or too much effort into the game so far. Also, I believe we should target the people who haven't post as much because regardless if they are town or not they aren't helping us find mafia in this game.  At this point, I am going to lynch my other scum read from day 1 and see what happens from there. Lynch Nadi

Why were you SRing them D1 again?
Kauren
Kauren
Pro Poster

Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:08 am
@Patamon

What are your reads on Slifer and Stitch
Kauren
Kauren
Pro Poster

Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:15 am
Nadi wrote:
Kauren wrote:
Nadi wrote:I find it concerning that Patamon and Kauren postulate that there was some sort of complex agenda behind Ponyo's kill.
I would expect mafia to either PR hunt or simply kill off the universal trs and the latter situation seems to be what had transpired . Their theories sound like excuses to push their own agenda

How was Ponyo a uniTR in any way.

We literally had 4 pages of Day 1, we barely had any reads. Same logic applies for PR Hunting. And what do you want us to do apart from theorizing about the nightkill? It's information, we should use it, because pray tell what other direction can we take our discussions?

Vote Nadi

Who do you think was the most tred person in the room?

Im not telling people how to play the game . It would be very easy for scum!Kauren to decide on a kill , and then pick out a quote from the target and then suggesting that the quote in question was the reason for the kill and then scumhunt based off of that conveniently removing himself and teammates from the equation . Since mafia gets the choice on who to kill , theorizing like this looks scummy , that is all

No one. If anyone can make themselves significantly townier than everyone else in the game in 4 pages, either the game has 4 people or 90% of the game are inactives.

Slifer wrote:
Kauren wrote:

How was Ponyo a uniTR in any way.

We literally had 4 pages of Day 1, we barely had any reads. Same logic applies for PR Hunting. And what do you want us to do apart from theorizing about the nightkill? It's information, we should use it, because pray tell what other direction can we take our discussions?

Vote Nadi

To me this post comes off as a little defensive and trying to pick apart misguided logic with misguided logic.

Ponyo was a Uni TR in the way that they were probably townread by the most people and not actively SR by anyone (plus I think trying to pick apart someone’s logic just because of a word can end up with even worse logic being used.

I actually agree with their point that the theories in a way are being used to push specific agendas (wether the agendas are town or scum are still something we need to discuss)

and mainly I don’t see why you put a lynch on them based on what you put before the lynch. It didn’t seem like they did/ said anything too outrageous, and if they did you didn’t say what it was.

1. How is my logic misguided?

2. Claiming Ponyo being a uniTR is arguing from a factually incorrect basis, and I should, can and will pick at people's logic based off semantics if their entire argument is construed off said single word.

4. Agendas can be pushed but that's what the rest of you townies are for, to come in and fucking discuss rather than sit on your asses and shut down every avenue of discussion.

5. I will make the reasons behind my vote very clear when I decide who I want to case for the day. They're an expression of who I believe to be scum otherwise. Vote Drago
Kauren
Kauren
Pro Poster

Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:16 am
I shouldn't have to explain the basics of analytics but I seriously hope Nadi's post isn't going to discourage anyone from coming forth with theories, because if there's any """dayplay""" to run off here, please direct me to it because I don't see it right now.
Drago
Drago
Pro Poster

Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:28 am
Kauren wrote:
Drago wrote:The more I think about day 2 makes me realize that the death of Ponyo wasn't a bad idea because now we have to sus people who put too little or too much effort into the game so far. Also, I believe we should target the people who haven't post as much because regardless if they are town or not they aren't helping us find mafia in this game.  At this point, I am going to lynch my other scum read from day 1 and see what happens from there. Lynch Nadi

Why were you SRing them D1 again?

I was just reading people iso during day 1 and I though his was scummy
Patamon
Patamon
intermediate poster

Tue Apr 06, 2021 1:19 pm
@Kauren sorry I've only just woken up. I'll answer the questions you have now.

It's the former, I feel as though they aren't talking whatsoever and what they do talk doesn't contribute anything whatsoever.

For Slifer and Stitch, I stated earlier that I don't like how Slifer was calling out Stitch for apparently going after him for being overly passive and non-active in his posting. Slifer gave some very weak reasoning and was extremely defensive. Lot's of bad signs from me there. Additionally, I feel as though they haven't really contributed much in the form of their own thoughts and has just regurgitated what other people have said with a very small twist. As such, I'd put a bit of an SR on Slifer from that.

For Stitch, I'm unsure. They've started to make reads and actually contribute to the game both in terms of actually posting, and posting substantial information in the form of reads and analyzing other players posts. I still don't know what to make of their first day interactions so it puts them at a neutral, TR-leaning state.

Not sure if this answers your questions or if you have more for me.
Patamon
Patamon
intermediate poster

Tue Apr 06, 2021 1:20 pm
Correction to above post cause I'm a dumbass. I meant to say it's the latter not the former. I forgot what order you asked it in.
Drago
Drago
Pro Poster

Tue Apr 06, 2021 10:13 pm
@kliff what are the lynches right now
Slifer
Slifer
intermediate poster

Tue Apr 06, 2021 10:38 pm
As day comes closer to an end, I have to say that I still think Drago is town, are they contributing at all? No. But their tone doesn’t come across as intentionally harmful, and they don’t seem to be pushing any hidden agenda + the fact that i’ve read and read, and I can’t think of a single person who could be Dragos scum partner if drago is scum.

And for the topic of who to lynch, it’s so late into the day and there hasn’t been a vote count out yet so I don’t know who plur is on, Although i’d love to start looking more at Patamon and Kauren. They both seem to be getting kind of free passes just because they are active and I think it would do some good to reread their isos.
Nadi
Nadi
intermediate poster

Tue Apr 06, 2021 11:59 pm
Slifer wrote:As day comes closer to an end, I have to say that I still think Drago is town, are they contributing at all? No. But their tone doesn’t come across as intentionally harmful, and they don’t seem to be pushing any hidden agenda + the fact that i’ve read and read, and I can’t think of a single person who could be Dragos scum partner if drago is scum.

And for the topic of who to lynch, it’s so late into the day and there hasn’t been a vote count out yet so I don’t know who plur is on, Although i’d love to start looking more at Patamon and Kauren. They both seem to be getting kind of free passes just because they are active and I think it would do some good to reread their isos.

Umm... what? 

The only person I would rule out as Drago's partner is Ponyo based on interactions , and he is already dead . Why do you think the others are incompatible
Kliff
Kliff
Admin
https://mafia-townie.forumotion.com

Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:14 am
Game has ended. Due to inactivity and not too many players reaching minimum line count.

Role Reveal:

Nadi:

Ponyo:

Nattō Kozō:

Cacturne:

Drago:

Stitch:

Kauren:

Slifer:

Patamon:

Thanks for taking the time to play the game everyone.
Kauren
Kauren
Pro Poster

Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:04 am
F

Drago
Drago
Pro Poster

Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:59 am
damn