Mafia-Townie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game 4: The Choice

+6
Kauren
Slifer
Drago
cacturne
Nadi
Kliff
10 posters
Go down
Kliff
Kliff
Admin
https://mafia-townie.forumotion.com

Game 4:  The Choice - Page 5 Empty Re: Game 4: The Choice

Sat Apr 03, 2021 11:02 pm
Day 2 Commence

Vote Count 2.0

Plur Day 2
Like a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heaven

Hammer: 4

Kauren(0) -

Nadi(0) -

Slifer (0) -

Stitch(0) -

Patamon(0) -

Drago(0) -

Nattō Kozō(0) -

No Lynch (0) -

Not Lynching- 7

Game 4:  The Choice - Page 5 4011Game 4:  The Choice - Page 5 4211
Game 4:  The Choice - Page 5 4310Game 4:  The Choice - Page 5 4610Game 4:  The Choice - Page 5 4810
Game 4:  The Choice - Page 5 4410Game 4:  The Choice - Page 5 4510

Like a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heaven

Ponyo Has Died

Game 4:  The Choice - Page 5 Pntoyo10

They Were:

Ponyo:

Deadline Will be 72 hours from this post; 4/6/2021 11:00pm EST

Countdown timer:

Remember 5 post minimum per day phase.
Kauren
Kauren
Pro Poster

Sat Apr 03, 2021 11:06 pm
Interesting Nightkill.
Kauren
Kauren
Pro Poster

Sat Apr 03, 2021 11:07 pm
Ponyo wrote:If cacturne is truly just afk it is a massive mistake to flip him here because our odds of flipping scum are roughly equal to those of flipping pr (remember that recent ps mafia game?)

Our odds of hitting mafia are significantly higher (and this downside mitigated) if we pick a player who is technically active but contributes almost nothing to the game. Drago fits this description but he's town so he's a bad choice. Stitch is prime material for this position; there is a self-survival focus to post#1033 to place himself just above the line of chopping and the general contentedness for a cacturne chop is very uninspired. I see no attempt from his posts to put the town into the driver's seat of this game.

lowkey ponyo NK is making me tinfoil that the scum is one of the actives based off this post
Kauren
Kauren
Pro Poster

Sat Apr 03, 2021 11:09 pm
Maybe they'd think we'd continue executing people based on activity up?

Vote Drago

Planting my vote here until more people come online
Patamon
Patamon
intermediate poster

Sat Apr 03, 2021 11:42 pm
I actually see this in a different light. Because of how Ponyo was wanting to push out the active players that contributed nothing, it seems more reasonable that scum see this as a way to push a false agenda so to speak. It's not too farfetched to think they'd assume we act this way given the nk and as a result, throw more sus onto the players that aren't contributing much. I actually want to say that scum might either be a player who is contributing to the discussion or someone who is almost nonexistant. As such, I want to look at the high posters and the extremely low posters. That being said, I still think the right vote here is Lynch Nattō Kozō just from how they've been acting and responding to the discussion thus far. I also feel like they're staying under the radar by saying absolutely nothing of any substance to analyze given how we heavily analyzed Drago the first day and that made a majority of our discussion.
Nadi
Nadi
intermediate poster

Sun Apr 04, 2021 12:01 am
Kauren wrote:Interesting Nightkill.

sus
Nadi
Nadi
intermediate poster

Sun Apr 04, 2021 4:00 am
Good thing is , we still have 2 PRs
Nadi
Nadi
intermediate poster

Sun Apr 04, 2021 4:07 am
I find it concerning that Patamon and Kauren postulate that there was some sort of complex agenda behind Ponyo's kill.
I would expect mafia to either PR hunt or simply kill off the universal trs and the latter situation seems to be what had transpired . Their theories sound like excuses to push their own agenda
Nadi
Nadi
intermediate poster

Sun Apr 04, 2021 4:11 am
Im gonna vote Patamon

I think Ponyo's thoughts on Drago had some merit to them
Kauren
Kauren
Pro Poster

Sun Apr 04, 2021 9:29 am
Nadi wrote:I find it concerning that Patamon and Kauren postulate that there was some sort of complex agenda behind Ponyo's kill.
I would expect mafia to either PR hunt or simply kill off the universal trs and the latter situation seems to be what had transpired . Their theories sound like excuses to push their own agenda

How was Ponyo a uniTR in any way.

We literally had 4 pages of Day 1, we barely had any reads. Same logic applies for PR Hunting. And what do you want us to do apart from theorizing about the nightkill? It's information, we should use it, because pray tell what other direction can we take our discussions?

Vote Nadi
Kauren
Kauren
Pro Poster

Sun Apr 04, 2021 9:30 am
Patamon wrote:I actually see this in a different light.  Because of how Ponyo was wanting to push out the active players that contributed nothing, it seems more reasonable that scum see this as a way to push a false agenda so to speak.  It's not too farfetched to think they'd assume we act this way given the nk and as a result, throw more sus onto the players that aren't contributing much.  I actually want to say that scum might either be a player who is contributing to the discussion or someone who is almost nonexistant.  As such, I want to look at the high posters and the extremely low posters.  That being said, I still think the right vote here is Lynch Nattō Kozō just from how they've been acting and responding to the discussion thus far.  I also feel like they're staying under the radar by saying absolutely nothing of any substance to analyze given how we heavily analyzed Drago the first day and that made a majority of our discussion.  

Uh, what's your stand here? You think scum wants us to push an active fluffposter and we shouldn't fall for their trap, but then proceed to vote someone on that exact same basis?
Drago
Drago
Pro Poster

Sun Apr 04, 2021 11:07 am
Guys when I get back home I will talk more
Nadi
Nadi
intermediate poster

Sun Apr 04, 2021 11:39 am
Kauren wrote:
Nadi wrote:I find it concerning that Patamon and Kauren postulate that there was some sort of complex agenda behind Ponyo's kill.

We literally had 4 pages of Day 1, we barely had any reads. Same logic applies for PR Hunting. And what do you want us to do apart from theorizing about the nightkill? It's information, we should use it, because pray tell what other direction can we take our discussions?

Vote Nadi

Who do you think was the most tred person in the room?

Im not telling people how to play the game . It would be very easy for scum!Kauren to decide on a kill , and then pick out a quote from the target and then suggesting that the quote in question was the reason for the kill and then scumhunt based off of that conveniently removing himself and teammates from the equation . Since mafia gets the choice on who to kill , theorizing like this looks scummy , that is all
Slifer
Slifer
intermediate poster

Sun Apr 04, 2021 3:25 pm
Kauren wrote:

Vote Nadi

To me this post comes off as a little defensive and trying to pick apart misguided logic with misguided logic.

Ponyo was a Uni TR in the way that they were probably townread by the most people and not actively SR by anyone (plus I think trying to pick apart someone’s logic just because of a word can end up with even worse logic being used.

I actually agree with their point that the theories in a way are being used to push specific agendas (wether the agendas are town or scum are still something we need to discuss)

and mainly I don’t see why you put a lynch on them based on what you put before the lynch. It didn’t seem like they did/ said anything too outrageous, and if they did you didn’t say what it was.
Patamon
Patamon
intermediate poster

Sun Apr 04, 2021 5:53 pm
Kauren wrote:
Patamon wrote:I actually see this in a different light.  Because of how Ponyo was wanting to push out the active players that contributed nothing, it seems more reasonable that scum see this as a way to push a false agenda so to speak.  It's not too farfetched to think they'd assume we act this way given the nk and as a result, throw more sus onto the players that aren't contributing much.  I actually want to say that scum might either be a player who is contributing to the discussion or someone who is almost nonexistant.  As such, I want to look at the high posters and the extremely low posters.  That being said, I still think the right vote here is Lynch Nattō Kozō just from how they've been acting and responding to the discussion thus far.  I also feel like they're staying under the radar by saying absolutely nothing of any substance to analyze given how we heavily analyzed Drago the first day and that made a majority of our discussion.  

Uh, what's your stand here? You think scum wants us to push an active fluffposter and we shouldn't fall for their trap, but then proceed to vote someone on that exact same basis?

I think I've either misspoken or you've misunderstood what I've been saying. I believe that the people that are in the most contention right now are the people who aren't participating as much or the people who are participating too much. There's almost no activity from like half of the group and as such, it would make sense if the scum are also laying low amongst all the other low posters. OR, they're trying to seem extremely active with the people who were posting a lot and trying to drive the discussion. In addition to that being said, Nattō Kozō has contributed less than nothing to discussions as they have barely ever chimed in, and the one time they did, their logic and reasoning was so off that it doesn't seem to have any good intentions whatsoever. Hence why I planted my vote there.

I would say I don't like Nadi's analyzing of how we should be handling our own analysis of the nks. As it was already said, the lack of participation from everyone has made it increasingly difficult to get any sort of obvious reads on people so we have to analyze everything and anything that we can get our hands on. I'm honestly confused why there aren't more analyses going on about why Ponyo was chosen as the nk considering you're saying scum should be PR hunting. What vibes did Ponyo give that could have indicated them being a potential PR and if on the off chance that there doesn't appear to be any traits that were clearly visible, what was the reasoning for taking them out over any others. All Ponyo did d1 was put TR reads on Drago and the try to dissuade killing an afk player. These are points to be analyzing in some shape or form. Did they kill Ponyo to make it seem like Drago was more innocent when he's scum, or are they doing it in reverse to make it seem like he's scum by clearing someone who was heavily TRing him.

Most of this might sound repetitive and like fluff, but I'm really trying to push the fact that I don't like how you're playing this and your logic here is just really bad @Nadi
Stitch
Stitch
intermediate poster

Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:41 am
i dont see how ponyo was a universal tr, but im not continue that line of argument because it's pointless. i do agree with Nadi to some degree. while i dont think it's wrong to think that ponyo's kill was inspired by ponyo's early reads or posts, i find it more likely that the mafia had absolutely nothing to do with ponyo. this makes me doubt my earlier scumlean on drago, considering ponyo had said quite a bit about drago d1.
Stitch
Stitch
intermediate poster

Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:43 am
so, by my logic, scum is among slifer, nadi and patamon, since they were the most distant from ponyo.
Stitch
Stitch
intermediate poster

Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:58 am
besides the fact that nadi has said almost nothing important d1, so far, i'm in agreement with his d2 posts.

my reads on slifer and patamon aren't solidified yet, so they're susceptible to change.

i will say that patamon's logic has been consistent throughout his posts. it's interesting to see how patamon's vote on natto kozo transfered over seamlessly from d1 to d2. This makes me believe that patamon is a tunneling town or scum trying to push for a natto kozo wagon. i prefer the former logic, so i will say patamon is town for now.

out of these three, i think slifer is most scummy even though he hasn't done anything egregiously wrong. however, he hasn't done anything incredibly right either. his posts seem overly passive. Vote Slifer
Patamon
Patamon
intermediate poster

Mon Apr 05, 2021 6:16 pm
Just cause I need a visual rn, @Kliff can we get an updated lynches?
Nattō Kozō
Nattō Kozō
intermediate poster

Mon Apr 05, 2021 6:28 pm
anyone wanna tell me what good that Cacturne vote did?
Kliff
Kliff
Admin
https://mafia-townie.forumotion.com

Mon Apr 05, 2021 6:28 pm
Patamon wrote:Just cause I need a visual rn, @Kliff can we get an updated lynches?

Nadi (1)
Game 4:  The Choice - Page 5 4410

Patamon (1)
Game 4:  The Choice - Page 5 4211

Nattō Kozō (1)
Game 4:  The Choice - Page 5 4011

Slifer(1) 
Game 4:  The Choice - Page 5 4510
Slifer
Slifer
intermediate poster

Mon Apr 05, 2021 6:32 pm
Nattō Kozō wrote:anyone wanna tell me what good that Cacturne vote did?

Once again I think the idea was just to get a lynch in on someone/ get a flip.

While I don’t think it was the best plan, it was better than people’s plans to CFD onto a different lurker
Slifer
Slifer
intermediate poster

Mon Apr 05, 2021 6:39 pm
Stitch wrote:besides the fact that nadi has said almost nothing important d1, so far, i'm in agreement with his d2 posts.

my reads on slifer and patamon aren't solidified yet, so they're susceptible to change.

i will say that patamon's logic has been consistent throughout his posts. it's interesting to see how patamon's vote on natto kozo transfered over seamlessly from d1 to d2. This makes me believe that patamon is a tunneling town or scum trying to push for a natto kozo wagon. i prefer the former logic, so i will say patamon is town for now.

out of these three, i think slifer is most scummy even though he hasn't done anything egregiously wrong. however, he hasn't done anything incredibly right either. his posts seem overly passive. Vote Slifer

something about this post doesn’t really strike me right, it more or less seems to be going completely along with what has already been a popular consensus.

I especially don’t like this post considering the absolute nothingness that was Stitch’s day 1. It seems like a lazy attempt to gain a sliver of towncred from banking off of already popular opinions.

And my biggest problem with this (albeit maybe a little biased) is that the SR on me is based purely on “They haven’t done anything scummy, but they haven’t done anything towny either”

I get why that is a red flag, since not helping forward town wincon can sometimes be helping forward scum wincon. But to use that as a justification for your biggest SR while you have already given real reasons as to scummy things on what other people have done, seems very iffy to me.

It also seems like stitch is simply trying to pick one of the safest options to put a vote on instead of trying to push anything real.

TLDR: Stitchs vote on me really seems like a lazy attempt to try and pretend like they are playing the game, combined with the fact that they haven’t had a unique thought of their own, really rubs me the wrong way here.
Nattō Kozō
Nattō Kozō
intermediate poster

Mon Apr 05, 2021 6:56 pm
Slifer wrote:
Nattō Kozō wrote:anyone wanna tell me what good that Cacturne vote did?

Once again I think the idea was just to get a lynch in on someone/ get a flip.

While I don’t think it was the best plan, it was better than people’s plans to CFD onto a different lurker

I get the idea, and I suppose its not the worst thing in the world, but I don't see why it being maj there would've caused the end of the world. A no vote would've put us in the same or a better spot.
Nattō Kozō
Nattō Kozō
intermediate poster

Mon Apr 05, 2021 6:59 pm
Slifer wrote:
Stitch wrote:besides the fact that nadi has said almost nothing important d1, so far, i'm in agreement with his d2 posts.

something about this post doesn’t really strike me right, it more or less seems to be going completely along with what has already been a popular consensus.

I especially don’t like this post considering the absolute nothingness that was Stitch’s day 1. It seems like a lazy attempt to gain a sliver of towncred from banking off of already popular opinions.

And my biggest problem with this (albeit maybe a little biased) is that the SR on me is based purely on “They haven’t done anything scummy, but they haven’t done anything towny either”

I get why that is a red flag, since not helping forward town wincon can sometimes be helping forward scum wincon. But to use that as a justification for your biggest SR while you have already given real reasons as to scummy things on what other people have done, seems very iffy to me.

It also seems like stitch is simply trying to pick one of the safest options to put a vote on instead of trying to push anything real.

TLDR: Stitchs vote on me really seems like a lazy attempt to try and pretend like they are playing the game, combined with the fact that they haven’t had a unique thought of their own, really rubs me the wrong way here.

If anyone were to vote you would you call it a "lazy attempt". I don't see how this is that problematic really at all.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum