Mafia-Townie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game 4: The Choice

+6
Kauren
Slifer
Drago
cacturne
Nadi
Kliff
10 posters
Go down
Kliff
Kliff
Admin
https://mafia-townie.forumotion.com

Game 4:  The Choice Empty Game 4: The Choice

Thu Mar 25, 2021 9:14 pm
The Choice 
Game 4:  The Choice Choice-of-keys

Game Information
Type: Anonymous 
Hosted By: Kliff aka bluegummybear
Predicted Start Date: March 31st
Size: 9 players
SOD/EOD: 11PM / 11AM
Phase Lengths: 72  hours / 24 hours
Setup: Open, NOC
Out of Thread Communication: Only mafia have outside communications
Posting Requirement: FIVE posts minimum per day phase.
Quick Summary: The Mafia Team and 2 Town players Will be able to have the option to choose their power role from an option of roles Given on Night 1. The mafia must predict what option would be the best to counter the town power roles, While Town is doing the same vice versa.

Setup

Setup :2 v 7

Roles:
5 Vanilla Townie
2 Town Power role 
2 Mafia Factional power role

Players: 

1) Cacturne (Hammered Day 1; Vanilla Townie)
2) Slifer
3) Kauren
4) Patamon
5) Stitch
6) Drago
7) Nattō Kozō
8) Nadi
9)Ponyo

Dead Players:
Cacturne:

Mechanics

• Day 1 Majority, Days after that are Plurality
  • Town wins when all threats to Town have been eliminated.
  • Mafia factions win when they achieve Parity and all other evil factions have been eliminated at any time.
  • Mafia may communicate at any time
  • Mafia and the 2 Town power roles must choose their desired Role Night 1
    1.Town options are: 2 Shot Tracker, 2 Shot Watcher, 2 Shot Doctor, 2 Shot Roleblocker, Mason
    2. Mafia Options: Factional Ninja, Factional Strongman, and Factional Role Cop
  • Mafia Kills are Assigned

Roles Definitions and PMs

Town Power Role:

Vanilla Townie:

Mafia Factional Power Role:

Possible Roles:

Rules

Game Rules:

Mafia-Townie League rules:

Spec Chat/ Dead Chat
When a player dies they will be invited to spec chat with their real account

Countdown
CountDown to Day Start

Post Game Forms

Post Game Feedback:

Last edited by Kliff on Fri Apr 02, 2021 11:17 pm; edited 2 times in total
Kliff
Kliff
Admin

Game 4:  The Choice Empty Re: Game 4: The Choice

Tue Mar 30, 2021 10:59 pm
Day 1 Commence

Good Luck and have fun everyone!

Vote Count 0.0

Majority Day 1
Like a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heaven

Hammer: 5

Kauren(0) -

Nadi(0) -

Ponyo(0) - 

Slifer (0) -

Stitch(0) -

Patamon(0) -

Drago(0) -

Nattō Kozō(0) -

Cacturne (0) -

No Lynch (0) -

Not Lynching- 9

Game 4:  The Choice 4011Game 4:  The Choice 4111Game 4:  The Choice 4211
Game 4:  The Choice 4310Game 4:  The Choice 4610Game 4:  The Choice 4810
Game 4:  The Choice 4410Game 4:  The Choice 4510Game 4:  The Choice 4710

Like a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heaven

Deadline Will be 72 hours from this post; 4/2/2021 11:00pm EST

Countdown timer:

Remember 5 post minimum per day phase.
Drago
Drago
Pro Poster

Tue Mar 30, 2021 11:15 pm
Well this is going to be a crazy game
Nadi
Nadi
intermediate poster

Tue Mar 30, 2021 11:40 pm
Hi
vote Kauren
cacturne
cacturne
Non-talkative

Wed Mar 31, 2021 1:25 am
STITCH ah he's so cute

Anyway, Drago is scum because he's a dragon and everyone else is some form of cute/amazing creature
Eitherway, I want to create some discussion and rn the best way to do that is to talk about setup

I dislike Mason as a choice tbh
Drago
Drago
Pro Poster

Wed Mar 31, 2021 2:52 am
Just because I am the ultimate Bakugan doesn't mean I am scum. TBH I am good by default.
Slifer
Slifer
intermediate poster

Wed Mar 31, 2021 7:51 am
cacturne wrote:STITCH ah he's so cute

Anyway, Drago is scum because he's a dragon and everyone else is some form of cute/amazing creature
Eitherway, I want to create some discussion and rn the best way to do that is to talk about setup

I feel like cacturne is scum, because they are calling Drago scum for being a dragon, which is rude because I am also a dragon. Vote Cacturne
Kauren
Kauren
Pro Poster

Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:36 am
sup fellow gamers
Nadi
Nadi
intermediate poster

Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:40 am

Wdym dislike Mason as a choice? You trying to PR slip?
Kauren
Kauren
Pro Poster

Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:02 am
Vote Slider

You're one illegal boi.

Setup discussion is fine too

1.Town options are: 2 Shot Tracker, 2 Shot Watcher, 2 Shot Doctor, 2 Shot Roleblocker, Mason
2. Mafia Options: Factional Ninja, Factional Strongman, and Factional Role Cop

On the Mafia's side of things firstly, Ninja beats Track/Watch, Strongman beats Doctor, and Role Cop is.... for rolecopping?

Lowkey Role Cop is so underpowered here since like, why cop someone when you can just factional kill them? And your kill choice will probably strongly depend on the preceding day so copping people to tiebreak a difficult kill decision probably isn't likely to happen. Ninja/Strongman is probably what the town has to deal with here.

Tracker-Watcher and Doctor-RoleBlocker are like the main contrasts here, the first group is info, the second group is kill denial. Putting it out here first that picking Mason is throwing because if we want to do it, we (A) have to agree on both PRs to take Mason, alerting to scum to just take rolecop and we end up playing a 2v7 nilla (terrible btw), and (B) gets us literally no benefit except our two PRs having a PM which is.... very underwhelming?

Masons being garbage is probably why scum rolecop feels so weak lol.

I guess the idea is to take one from each of the two groups of info/protection? The idea being we always end up with a power role regardless of what scum chooses. I feel doing overlapping choices isn't so good, you end up getting diminishing returns on more of the same type of power and especially two info roles might collide with one another.

Personally I feel that the strongest combination here is Doctor + Tracker. The idea being that scum will make one of the PRs useless anyways by way of their chosen factional, so we should pick combinations of PRs that don't interfere with each other. Doctor + Watcher gets fucked in both cases as when Strongman punches through Doctor, Watcher can't tell which one is the killer and when Ninja shadows a kill, Doctor turns up a false positive for Watcher. However, Tracker aims to snag info by aiming scum, while Doctor aims for town. The one scenario where scum can bamboozle this is by strongmanning the doctor target while the tracker tracks the doc, leading to a false positive.

I think its a lot better than the alternative option, Roleblocker + Watcher, as the Roleblocker can straight up block the watch, which is far more likely to occur than the above scenario.

Trackers also have a higher chance of finding the other Town PR successfully. I'm quite confident the napkin math I did checked out, but if someone actually runs the hard numbers and I'm wrong, then please correct me.
Kauren
Kauren
Pro Poster

Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:02 am
Nadi wrote:

Have you read the setup?
Kauren
Kauren
Pro Poster

Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:04 am
Ah fuck I typoed slifer as slider. Please count it, ty.

One way I thought of to coordinate PR selection is by position on namelist, the one higher up can take the info role and the one lower down can take the kill denial.

Or the other way 'round, just a thought I had lol.
Kauren
Kauren
Pro Poster

Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:05 am
Also am I to take Day 1 Maj as meaning Day 1 No Lynch or are people actually gonna be active this game? It's been hours since gamestart guys lets pick up the pace
Ponyo
Ponyo
intermediate poster

Wed Mar 31, 2021 11:16 am
woooooah im a fishie in the seaaa

activity is king; if we all post a lot we can't lose

historically day 1 maj does not work out very well for ps mafia so I'd suggest everyone to rvs even if it's arbitrary to try to force some activity

Vote Kauren
Kauren
Kauren
Pro Poster

Wed Mar 31, 2021 11:53 am
Ponyo wrote:woooooah im a fishie in the seaaa

activity is king; if we all post a lot we can't lose

historically day 1 maj does not work out very well for ps mafia so I'd suggest everyone to rvs even if it's arbitrary to try to force some activity

Vote Kauren

If only more people agreed with you (minus the part where you voted me)
Nadi
Nadi
intermediate poster

Wed Mar 31, 2021 12:04 pm
Kauren wrote:

Have you read the setup?

My bad , didnt notice
Patamon
Patamon
intermediate poster

Wed Mar 31, 2021 1:07 pm
How’s everyone doing on this fine day. I’m finally not in quarantine and able to vote for the big boy dragon for being a cool kid.
Vote Slifer
Drago
Drago
Pro Poster

Wed Mar 31, 2021 1:28 pm

I think mason is a good role if both town power roles picked it and they don't get nk on n1
Ponyo
Ponyo
intermediate poster

Wed Mar 31, 2021 3:03 pm
Kauren's analysis of the setup seems solid and we should probably go with some combination of doctors and trackers unless we hear better ideas

There was material in the thread for patamon to post something other than complete filler but he didn't, which is a bit :<

Drago's most recent post on masons is essentially "masons are good if they do anything." in response to "masons are bad." I'm highlighting that as not actual discussion
Nattō Kozō
Nattō Kozō
intermediate poster

Wed Mar 31, 2021 4:11 pm
Kauren a tryhard tho
Vote Ponyo
Kliff
Kliff
Admin

Wed Mar 31, 2021 7:00 pm
Vote Count 1.0

Majority Day 1

Hammer: 5

Kauren(2) -
Game 4:  The Choice 4211Game 4:  The Choice 4111

Nadi(0) -

Ponyo(1) - 
Game 4:  The Choice 4310

Slifer (2) -
Game 4:  The Choice 4410Game 4:  The Choice 4011

Stitch(0) -

Patamon(0) -

Drago(0) -

Nattō Kozō(0) -

Cacturne (1) -
Game 4:  The Choice 4810

No Lynch (0) -

Not Lynching- 3

Game 4:  The Choice 4610
Game 4:  The Choice 4510Game 4:  The Choice 4710

Deadline Will be about 52 hours from this post; 4/2/2021 11:00pm EST

Countdown Timer

5 Post Minimum per Day phase

Just a quick reminder: you all agreed to dedicate the necessary time needed to achieve your win-con at the best of your ability in an enjoyable manner.

If I have to end the game early then I will. 

cacturne
cacturne
Non-talkative

Wed Mar 31, 2021 7:07 pm
Nadi wrote:

I thought I made it obvious enough that I'm talking about the setup here? I'm not sure how that acts as a "PR slip"
And even in the case that it was a PR slip, why do you think it's a good idea to state that in front of everyone?
Drago
Drago
Pro Poster

Wed Mar 31, 2021 8:40 pm
Lynch Cacturne
Drago
Drago
Pro Poster

Wed Mar 31, 2021 8:41 pm
Also I am pretty sure mafia is going to pick ninja and strongman because I believed that gives them the best chances to win
Ponyo
Ponyo
intermediate poster

Wed Mar 31, 2021 8:48 pm
Drago wrote:Lynch Cacturne

this might be a swing and a miss but: from the timing of this it seems like this is more than just a random rvs?

care to explain?
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum