Mafia-Townie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game 3: Town v Zeebras (Preseason)

+10
George Jetson
Zapp Branigan
Batman
The Grinch
Spongeebob
Sylvester,
Arthurr
Angelica Pickles
Stan Marsh
Kliff
14 posters
Go down
Thumper
Thumper
Pro Poster

Game 3: Town v Zeebras (Preseason) - Page 2 Empty Re: Game 3: Town v Zeebras (Preseason)

Wed Sep 02, 2020 9:12 pm
Spongeebob wrote:If we're gonna meme why spongeebob must be scum because of the two e's I'll meme why it's town :p

Two e's rhymes with VT which is a town role

Now that's a pretty strong argument if you ask me

I... What? I guess meme defenses have to exist for meme votes.
Spongeebob
Spongeebob
Pro Poster

Game 3: Town v Zeebras (Preseason) - Page 2 Empty Re: Game 3: Town v Zeebras (Preseason)

Wed Sep 02, 2020 9:23 pm
honestly. the whole of anon is a meme, not just lynching randomly only cuz someone's name
Thumper
Thumper
Pro Poster

Wed Sep 02, 2020 9:25 pm
Spongeebob wrote:When can we start policying everyone who hasn't said anything aka over half the players

Hitting non-actives or actives is just bad play if an active die we get much more info so I would prefer that,
Stan Marsh
Stan Marsh
intermediate poster

Wed Sep 02, 2020 9:29 pm
Arthurr wrote:

actually, whatever. gloves off, let's meme. would like to see how the spongebob wagon evolves over the course of this day, though

thought: now that we've spent like 20 hours on this wagon that is impossible to interact with, rather than continuing to sit on it we should diversify our sources of information and look elsewhere.
Sitting on one wagon for more than half the phase is not what sets us up to be able to succeed in the future. I find it at least a bit worrying that you seem to think this is the optimal path forward.
Vote Arthur

^if anyone needs something to talk about they can react to the above text I have typed for free townie points
The Grinch
The Grinch
Non-talkative

Wed Sep 02, 2020 10:47 pm
Arthurr wrote:someone tell me what i need to know, because trying to make sense of this is a hassle

actually, whatever. gloves off, let's meme. would like to see how the spongebob wagon evolves over the course of this day, though

the grinch hasn't responded for 24 hours. therefore, he must be lurking. therefore, we've caught a scum.

1. This is very blatant power painting. Why you choose to do so is NAI, but traditionally a case for a scumread given you're declaring which 2 wagons you want to support without any basis for a read. If you have any, I'd like to hear it.

2. Encouraging memeing is also non town, please don't do it.
The Grinch
The Grinch
Non-talkative

Wed Sep 02, 2020 10:51 pm
Thumper wrote:
Spongeebob wrote:When can we start policying everyone who hasn't said anything aka over half the players

Hitting non-actives or actives is just bad play if an active die we get much more info so I would prefer that,

choice of inactive lynch is info in itself, if it's 12h before deadline and there are absolutely no major wagons the inac lynch is always the best one. Saying they'll be able to make up for activity on future days is a farce, the off hand chance of hitting a inactive PR far underweighs a potential gamedeath by activity in the future.
Zapp Branigan
Zapp Branigan
Pro Poster

Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:04 pm
Unlynch the grinch

I’ll be more active as time goes on, but for now the entire spongebob wagon just seems lazy. The grinch has given some good input so I won’t pursue this slot for now. Pursuing lurkers is fine, but I’d also love to get an idea of what’s in the brains of the people who are sponge bob wagon. Currently the slot that’s sticking out the most to me is Lynch Sylvester
Kliff
Kliff
Admin
https://mafia-townie.forumotion.com

Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:30 pm
Vote Count 1.0

Deadline Will be 47.5 hours from this post; 9/4/2020 11:00pm EST 

Countdown Timer:

Majority Day 1; Plurality After Day 1 

:star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star:

Hammer: 8

Spongeebob (3) -
Game 3: Town v Zeebras (Preseason) - Page 2 3111Game 3: Town v Zeebras (Preseason) - Page 2 3610Game 3: Town v Zeebras (Preseason) - Page 2 2911

Arthurr (1) -
Game 3: Town v Zeebras (Preseason) - Page 2 2712

Batman (1) - 
Game 3: Town v Zeebras (Preseason) - Page 2 3410

Winnie the pooh (0) -

Sylvester (2) -
Game 3: Town v Zeebras (Preseason) - Page 2 2811Game 3: Town v Zeebras (Preseason) - Page 2 3710

Thumper (0) -

Angelica Pickles(1) -
Game 3: Town v Zeebras (Preseason) - Page 2 3310

Zapp Branigan (0) -

Baloo (0) -

Stan Marsh (1) -
Game 3: Town v Zeebras (Preseason) - Page 2 2611

George Jetson(0) -

Felix the Cat (1) -
Game 3: Town v Zeebras (Preseason) - Page 2 3510

The Grinch (1) -
Game 3: Town v Zeebras (Preseason) - Page 2 3810

Not Lynching- 13

Game 3: Town v Zeebras (Preseason) - Page 2 3012Game 3: Town v Zeebras (Preseason) - Page 2 3210

If day were to end right now then No one would be lynched

:star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star:

Remember 5 post minimum per day phase

As always Stay Active Fam

Last edited by Kliff on Thu Sep 03, 2020 5:23 pm; edited 5 times in total
Angelica Pickles
Angelica Pickles
intermediate poster

Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:47 pm
Good morning everyone, it's me Angelica, the first lynch on the infamous wagon that is Spongeebob. I wasn't really expecting the wagon to grow but it's anon so anything can happen. Sir Spongee has been pretty calm under pressure so far so fair play to him. As the first lynch on Spongeebob I had no specific reason to get on but I'm assuming the people lynching with me are just here to apply pressure instead of spreading the votes across like 7 people.

Good, calm and collected responses from Spongeebob is a good sign so far but overall NAI which just makes me wanna keep the pressure on longer. Feel free to change my mind by the way. Inac lynch is pretty wack just let them get subbed out instead of mislynching the pr. If they have those filler lines at the end of the day that provide nothing but pretend to promise activity later on then that's more understandable, but I'm not lynching an inac d1
Stan Marsh
Stan Marsh
intermediate poster

Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:17 am
Angelica Pickles wrote:Don't you spell "zeebra" with just one e? I'm pretty sure you do so it must be some scum quirk lynch Spongeebob I really think I'm onto something here feel free to hop on santa rendeer farao afro

I think I'm going to call you Ms. Pickles because that sounds funnier. Anyway, I had the feeling after reading this post that the obviously unreasonable confidence came from trying to see if anyone would latch onto it opportunistically. Would you say that reading had any merit to it or was I totally off there and was this just simply a joke?
Winne the pooh
Winne the pooh
intermediate poster

Thu Sep 03, 2020 1:55 am
Arthurr wrote:someone tell me what i need to know, because trying to make sense of this is a hassle

the grinch hasn't responded for 24 hours. therefore, he must be lurking. therefore, we've caught a scum.

People have already talked about most of what's wrong with this post but something I didn't see anyone mention is that first line. "Someone tell me what I need to know" we are 2 pages into day 1 if you can't read that I do not know what to tell you. If feels lazy that you would need someone to explain to you what's going on especially since you aren't a sub and have been decently active.
Angelica Pickles
Angelica Pickles
intermediate poster

Thu Sep 03, 2020 2:06 am
Stan Marsh wrote:
Angelica Pickles wrote:Don't you spell "zeebra" with just one e? I'm pretty sure you do so it must be some scum quirk lynch Spongeebob I really think I'm onto something here feel free to hop on santa rendeer farao afro

I think I'm going to call you Ms. Pickles because that sounds funnier. Anyway, I had the feeling after reading this post that the obviously unreasonable confidence came from trying to see if anyone would latch onto it opportunistically. Would you say that reading had any merit to it or was I totally off there and was this just simply a joke?

I mean my day 1 and p much my personality is pretty shitposty in nature so it WAS a joke, although i guess there's also the slight hope of getting some reactions bc of previous games? Nothing stands out to me in that regard so far.

Winne the pooh
Winne the pooh
intermediate poster

Thu Sep 03, 2020 2:14 am
Angelica Pickles wrote: Good, calm and collected responses from Spongeebob is a good sign so far but overall NAI which just makes me wanna keep the pressure on longer. Feel free to change my mind by the way. Inac lynch is pretty wack just let them get subbed out instead of mislynching the pr. If they have those filler lines at the end of the day that provide nothing but pretend to promise activity later on then that's more understandable, but I'm not lynching an inac d1

Agreed with the second half, inac lynches aren't helpful

Since you started the wagon I'll ask what do you think of the other two people on the wagon. Town scum scum with sponge etc.

What makes sponge pressure a better option to you than Sylvester or Arthur Pressure? I like your slot rn so I'm going to do this

Unlynch Angelica Pickles

And then do this

Lynch Arthur

Now my question for you Arthur, why do you feel so low effort. What do you feel town gains for the meme sponge wagon to the point where you encouraged it.

Who do you think is scum and town (if anyone) as of this current point in the game

Arthur feels for more sideliney to me than anyone else rn so I'd prefer to put pressure on this slot unless a better one pops up or he reasonable answers the questions. I just feel like while a lot of people have called him out but nobody's really said anything of note to him.
Angelica Pickles
Angelica Pickles
intermediate poster

Thu Sep 03, 2020 2:39 am
Sylvester, wrote:sponge kinda exposed themselves there. cant be a strong argument if ur entire existence is a meme. we stick with the sponge.

although I do agree that peta should arrest the grinch.

I'm not feeling too hot on the Sylvester wagon, mostly because he just reminds me of myself lmao and I feel like he basically did something I would do. Came into the game kinda jokingly and hopped on a wagon for pressure, but he's not opportunistic about it and basically says hes open to other lynches like grinch (i think hopefully i'm not reaching). It's something I would do as town so he's at the least not scum to me for now.

I forgot to quote it and I cba to redo the quoting but the third guy on the wagon was more opportunistic about it and did the classic rvs and dip at least atm. He's def the more suspicious of the two to me

Winne the pooh wrote:

Since you started the wagon I'll ask what do you think of the other two people on the wagon. Town scum scum with sponge etc.

What makes sponge pressure a better option to you than Sylvester or Arthur Pressure? I like your slot rn so I'm going to do this

Reading back spongee gives off higher town vibes than like 90% of the PL but imma wait and see what sylvester and jettson(?) have to say about the wagon as well.
Batman
Batman
Pro Poster

Thu Sep 03, 2020 2:59 am
I put up my lunch yesterday originally to just keep up with the mentality of the chat at the time so it’s time to put down a proper vote. That being said, I think I’m still placing my vote firmly on Felix. There hasn’t been much out of him even after almost an entire pages worth of content and he still seemingly rvs’d on Sylvester. I’m going to hold this vote firmly until we get some more out of him and until I see more of how he is choosing to play this game.
The Grinch
The Grinch
Non-talkative

Thu Sep 03, 2020 3:10 am
Angelica Pickles wrote:Good morning everyone, it's me Angelica, the first lynch on the infamous wagon that is Spongeebob. I wasn't really expecting the wagon to grow but it's anon so anything can happen. Sir Spongee has been pretty calm under pressure so far so fair play to him. As the first lynch on Spongeebob I had no specific reason to get on but I'm assuming the people lynching with me are just here to apply pressure instead of spreading the votes across like 7 people.

Good, calm and collected responses from Spongeebob is a good sign so far but overall NAI which just makes me wanna keep the pressure on longer. Feel free to change my mind by the way. Inac lynch is pretty wack just let them get subbed out instead of mislynching the pr. If they have those filler lines at the end of the day that provide nothing but pretend to promise activity later on then that's more understandable, but I'm not lynching an inac d1

Not sure what you read as calm and collected from spongebob? all the responses are basically memes and deflection attempts rather than attempts to answer a question. Would like a follow up wrt the same. Think you're saying that for the sake of saying it rather than actually meaning it, which suggests low effort in that case
Angelica Pickles
Angelica Pickles
intermediate poster

Thu Sep 03, 2020 4:32 am
The Grinch wrote:
Angelica Pickles wrote:Good morning everyone, it's me Angelica, the first lynch on the infamous wagon that is Spongeebob. I wasn't really expecting the wagon to grow but it's anon so anything can happen. Sir Spongee has been pretty calm under pressure so far so fair play to him. As the first lynch on Spongeebob I had no specific reason to get on but I'm assuming the people lynching with me are just here to apply pressure instead of spreading the votes across like 7 people.

Not sure what you read as calm and collected from spongebob? all the responses are basically memes and deflection attempts rather than attempts to answer a question.  Would like a follow up wrt the same. Think you're saying that for the sake of saying it rather than actually meaning it, which suggests low effort in that case

I mean deflected what questions though... Day 1 was full of memes, but regardless 3 lynches is still 3 lynches. Especially when there's only like 12 hours left to save yourself, it's a light read since I feel like there's a lot of different ways he could've responded if he was scum or even pr.
Angelica Pickles
Angelica Pickles
intermediate poster

Thu Sep 03, 2020 4:32 am
Oh yea and on that note... unlynch spongeebob, lynch george jettson
Arthurr
Arthurr
Pro Poster

Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:09 am
I suppose I'm back where I am and it seems the game's flown out of meme stage. Great, now I can fail doing what I do best.

Stan Marsh wrote:
Arthurr wrote:

thought: now that we've spent like 20 hours on this wagon that is impossible to interact with, rather than continuing to sit on it we should diversify our sources of information and look elsewhere.
Sitting on one wagon for more than half the phase is not what sets us up to be able to succeed in the future. I find it at least a bit worrying that you seem to think this is the optimal path forward.
Vote Arthur

^if anyone needs something to talk about they can react to the above text I have typed for free townie points

If you know how to shift a game from meme vote RVS stage to proper scumhunting discussion, then I'll just let you know I don't. I was interested in seeing how players would later react to the two existing wagons once they got on - and considering that's already happened, I'll just
unlynch The Grinch
and sort out things after I'm done with this post.

Winne the pooh wrote:

People have already talked about most of what's wrong with this post but something I didn't see anyone mention is that first line. "Someone tell me what I need to know" we are 2 pages into day 1 if you can't read that I do not know what to tell you. If feels lazy that you would need someone to explain to you what's going on especially since you aren't a sub and have been decently active.

I do agree that what I said there was lazy, but I can't interpret anything from a discussion where, like, 90% of the content there is just memes and lynches. If you know how to make sense off of a meme SoG with 15-ish posts concerning lynches and whatnot, please tell me.

Thoughts on players incoming.
Baloo
Baloo
Non-talkative

Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:21 am

After 24 hours, so... about 10 hours ago. Sorry for my inactivity!

George Jetson wrote:vote spongebob
wagons are fun

This is bad even for a meme lynch. It quite literally pushes a scum agenda. This is not NAI.

Sylvester, wrote:sponge kinda exposed themselves there. cant be a strong argument if ur entire existence is a meme. we stick with the sponge.

although I do agree that peta should arrest the grinch.

When I quoted I wanted to make a point about this but this is pure meme, I just don't understand the meme logic, so meh.

Spongeebob wrote:It's not my fault I'm a meme Sad

I feel you

wtf is this post. The backspace button exists. This screams 'agenda' to me. You're more interested on giving some impression than going over your post. This wasn't even a meme post for the most part.

I do agree with this. Despite the biggest wagon, spongeebob has given us no reason to sr them, and they haven't responded badly to the meme pressure.
Baloo
Baloo
Non-talkative

Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:27 am
Would like to Lynch George Jetson, because my two main srs in the post above were arthur and george, and arthur is still active and a brief view of their more recent posts makes me tr them more, and George has 1 post, which was scummy (not NAI, as I said).
Baloo
Baloo
Non-talkative

Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:31 am
Ok I looked again and this is the only meaningful post arthurr has made.

Arthurr wrote:I suppose I'm back where I am and it seems the game's flown out of meme stage. Great, now I can fail doing what I do best.

Stan Marsh wrote:
Arthurr wrote:

Vote Arthur

If you know how to shift a game from meme vote RVS stage to proper scumhunting discussion, then I'll just let you know I don't. I was interested in seeing how players would later react to the two existing wagons once they got on - and considering that's already happened, I'll just
unlynch The Grinch
and sort out things after I'm done with this post.

Winne the pooh wrote:

I do agree that what I said there was lazy, but I can't interpret anything from a discussion where, like, 90% of the content there is just memes and lynches. If you know how to make sense off of a meme SoG with 15-ish posts concerning lynches and whatnot, please tell me.

Thoughts on players incoming.

Ok I really shouldn't just see big post and place tr, because reading this and thinking I tred it makes me want to barf. All you do is call yourself bad. That is entirely unhelpful. SL on arthurr (they could be bad town, hence not quite an sr). Keeping my lynch on george because that requires pressuring
Arthurr
Arthurr
Pro Poster

Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:34 am
Angelica Pickles wrote:
Stan Marsh wrote:

I mean my day 1 and p much my personality is pretty shitposty in nature so it WAS a joke, although i guess there's also the slight hope of getting some reactions bc of previous games? Nothing stands out to me in that regard so far.

This is quite an odd angle of discussion to be pursuing, and I don't know what it might yield or what to think of it except that it probably isn't worth deliberating over. Stan's question seems to be prodding into Angelina's intentions over a shitpost, so... uh, misdirected effort is my best guess.

Winne the pooh wrote:
Angelica Pickles wrote: Good, calm and collected responses from Spongeebob is a good sign so far but overall NAI which just makes me wanna keep the pressure on longer. Feel free to change my mind by the way. Inac lynch is pretty wack just let them get subbed out instead of mislynching the pr. If they have those filler lines at the end of the day that provide nothing but pretend to promise activity later on then that's more understandable, but I'm not lynching an inac d1

Agreed with the second half, inac lynches aren't helpful

Unlynch Angelica Pickles

And then do this

Lynch Arthur

Now my question for you Arthur, why do you feel so low effort. What do you feel town gains for the meme sponge wagon to the point where you encouraged it.

I never said I wanted Spongebob's lynch to pull through. Maybe you read my post as implying it? In any case, what I meant to say was that I was willing to watch the wagon progress over the course of D1; who would be pushing it, who would be fighting it, the slot's reactions, so on.

Who do you think is scum and town (if anyone) as of this current point in the game

No reads come to mind at the moment. If I had to lean places, I'd probably just hastily cobble a townpool of you (I like your angle of pressuring players, it exhibits proactive hunting), and The Grinch (tone feels townie, replies are sensible, but I'll hold the phone on this until I get reads and pushes and such). As for scum, I don't really have anyone in mind - any lynch aside from aforementioned players is fine by me at this state, so long as it isn't spent doing nothing. It's worth pointing out Angelina Pickles's descriptions of Spongebob seem to be a bit off the mark, though.

Responded in indigo.

Angelica Pickles wrote:
Winne the pooh wrote: Since you started the wagon I'll ask what do you think of the other two people on the wagon. Town scum scum with sponge etc.

Reading back spongee gives off higher town vibes than like 90% of the PL but imma wait and see what sylvester and jettson(?) have to say about the wagon as well.

I don't really see how Sponge is giving off town vibes, honestly? Their responses seem calm enough to indicate they don't seem to care about dying (or are confident their wagon will fizz), but as far as content is concerned, I'm either blind or nothing's there.

Batman wrote:I put up my lunch yesterday originally to just keep up with the mentality of the chat at the time so it’s time to put down a proper vote. That being said, I think I’m still placing my vote firmly on Felix. There hasn’t been much  out of him even after almost an entire pages worth of content and he still seemingly rvs’d on Sylvester. I’m going to hold this vote firmly until we get some more out of him and until I see more of how he is choosing to play this game.

I appreciate the focus on an angle no one else is pushing, but what do you think of the Spongebob lynch since it's the hot topic of discussion here? If, say, Felix were to respond to this conversation in a way that makes him seem less "lynch-and-run"-y, who else would you be pushing?

Now that all that's done, I honestly don't mind seeing the Spongebob lynch pass given their lack of apparent activity, but I think it's a "lazy" lynch given that no one is really pushing it hard enough.
Baloo
Baloo
Non-talkative

Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:34 am
Batman wrote:I put up my lunch yesterday originally to just keep up with the mentality of the chat at the time so it’s time to put down a proper vote. That being said, I think I’m still placing my vote firmly on Felix. There hasn’t been much  out of him even after almost an entire pages worth of content and he still seemingly rvs’d on Sylvester. I’m going to hold this vote firmly until we get some more out of him and until I see more of how he is choosing to play this game.

'an entire pages worth of content'.
In this game, the first page of content is uh... zero content. That's an exaggeration, but if you want to lynch a lurker, lynch a zero-poster (uhhh I'm posting now don't hate pls), and if you're lynching because they haven't been able to make any solid reads, consider that with the meme content we've had, no one will have solid reads worth sticking to if new info comes up. Slight fos on batman for potential agenda here.
Spongeebob
Spongeebob
Pro Poster

Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:36 am
Hey, since I'm not sure my previous message went through I'll re-type it.

I'm placing townreads on both Angelica and The Grinch for their scumhunting and although there is argumentation, they're both aiming towards finding scum which I like. That being said, I'm leaving my lynch on Batman for now for mostly NAI statements with nothing really useful to town, and I'd like to note it is maj by the end of the day and smaller wagons can be really useful and that my lynch in its own is easily subject to change.

Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum