Mafia-Townie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game 1AAA: Semi-Open Setup (Preseaon)

+5
Nibbles
Larry Needlemeyer
Quacker
Darwin Watterson
Banana joe
9 posters
Go down
Jerry Mouse
Jerry Mouse
Pro Poster

Game 1AAA: Semi-Open Setup (Preseaon) - Page 3 Empty Re: Game 1AAA: Semi-Open Setup (Preseaon)

Sun Nov 03, 2019 9:27 pm
As much as I disagree with the Nibbles' logic of bolding "preposterous" being town-indicative, I think he's pretty much town here.

......Actually reading his posts I hard disagree with a lot of the assertions made, OS DayVig is a -EV play as scum and a lot of their posts are kind of a stretch. BUT, putting people on the spots to make a stand the way he does screams Town way more than anyone else in the game.

Following up on that, I'm gonna have to ask Larry about why he thinks that Nibbles vs Gumball is a fight between opposing factions. You can't just drop in and say that, then proceed to say "I don't TR/SR any of you". What makes their argument SvT more than TvT? Heck, why can't it be SvS staging a public fight? Did one of them say anything that a Scum would say to a Townie that another Townie wouldn't? The extreme fence sitting here reeks of avoiding culpability.

Banana has a grand total of 2 posts and both of them are horrendous. I don't think I need to explain why.
Jerry Mouse
Jerry Mouse
Pro Poster

Game 1AAA: Semi-Open Setup (Preseaon) - Page 3 Empty Re: Game 1AAA: Semi-Open Setup (Preseaon)

Sun Nov 03, 2019 9:33 pm
Nibbles wrote:I mean, now we can at least conf your role to not be a lie (but there's no reason for scum to fakeclaim their role in this setup so it doesn't matter).
On another note, I'm thinking that that could be one of the following:
Scum reacting badly to pressure and thinking role claim actually gives them towncred
Town reacting badly to pressure and thinking role claim actually gives them towncred
Scum wanting me to be scared of their shot so that I ul
Something else weird that I haven't thought of (Do say if you see anything I've missed)

Actually in what world do you think scum claiming OS DayVig of all roles is an actual play? A DayVig claim is probably the only objectively bad claim here, he'd probably be better off faking Tracker or whatever, especially if he's considering docs in the game to play Follow the Tracker with.

IDK what other allegations you're making against him and his play, but he's pretty damn likely to be Town purely mechanically and I kinda feel mafia games should have all the mechanical aspects sorted out ASAP.
Jerry Mouse
Jerry Mouse
Pro Poster

Sun Nov 03, 2019 9:34 pm
Nibbles wrote:There is certainly use of d1 reactions. Just as much use as any other day's reactions. Scumreading doesn't start day 2, else d1 would be random. If d1 is random what's even the point of playing? There is a point. That is because it is possible to scumread d1. I think you saying you can't is a vain attempt at getting my reads ignored, which suggests that if you are scum then they are correct.

These things suggest to me that you are scum (undermining my reads) and that you are a good info flip too (because then we may have validation of what I have already said). I will therefore stick to my lynch and I suggest others hop on too.

Day 1 reactions are good to start reads on, but not nearly as useful as other day reads.

Info flips are bad, and there's some really fallacious reasoning here.
Jerry Mouse
Jerry Mouse
Pro Poster

Sun Nov 03, 2019 9:46 pm
Nibbles wrote:
Also my arguments aren't based on your claim because it can easily be interpreted as either town or scum (so it's NAI). I'm pretty sure that they do matter too for the purposes of a) other players reading me based on what I say and, for me more importantly, b) showing other players why I think you are scum and hopefully convincing them that I am right, given that you are the most scummy person atm imo. So I would appreciate it if you stop just saying my reads don't matter and either tell me why you are town (not null as your arguments have been suggesting) or make reads of your own because unless I'm being stupid (and I wouldn't put it past myself), you haven't made any reads on anyone who has been online yet, but rather only defended yourself.

Moving on, Hi Larry. I like your pfp. Unless you sr or tr one of me or Gumball I would like you to explain why you thing it's SvT and not TvT. We're a cat and a mouse. There's no beef involved. Finally, saying 'who knows' is very unhelpful because you are undermining your thoughts. If you are town, don't be shy; tell us what you think and why you think it. Otherwise all you are is a vote and not a contributing member of town.

Response points in orange.

1. A claim like os dayvig is 100% not NAI if you spend even an iota of time thinking about it, I'd prefer if we get this mechanical stuff out of the way.
2. Will that affect the way you play? If so, how and if not, why?
3. So walk me through on your thought process here. Why is he scum to you? How does his claim factor into your read on him? I'm struggling to follow your line of reasoning.
4. I think we all know about the burden of proof fallacy here, why does it lie with him here and not you?
5. Neither has half the online players. I don't like defending other people but this is a clear-cut cherrypick. Why does this make him scummy but not say, Larry or Darwin?

The entire last paragraph, however, kinda gives me the impression that this is a tunelling town rather than a scum intentionally using fallacious logic and getting ready to gaslight. The question here is where he's planning to go with this tunnel, and if he plans to pull out of it anytime soon, to hear thoughts on other players, especially Larry and Banana.
Jerry Mouse
Jerry Mouse
Pro Poster

Sun Nov 03, 2019 9:49 pm
Banana joe wrote:I think its weird that you are classifying it as tvt, sounds like you're trying to defend one of your scum partners...

OK HOLD UP

This looked terrible on first sight.

Then you read it again and you realize it's worse.

When Gumball calls Gumball vs Nibbles a TvT and you accuse Gumball of defending a scum partner. Does anyone else see the problem with this????? What???????
Jerry Mouse
Jerry Mouse
Pro Poster

Sun Nov 03, 2019 9:56 pm
I realize I've been floodposting and I apologize for that. But fuck wallposts and this is the last floodpost for now I promise (unless someone comes on to talk to me I'm lonely :c).

I think the only person here who I can't get a grasp on is Darwin, their posts have all been really neutral and they've managed to keep themselves out of the drama. @Darwin, I'd like to hear your thoughts on the game so far, your stance re: my conclusions and your own conclusions. For now, Gumball and Nibbles are my strong towncore, although Nibbles is currently stuck tunneling and Gumball isn't providing a lot of discussion points (pls start doing so I need my reads validated). Larry is kinda scummy and a potential candidate for lynch/discussion imo, and Banana Joe is.... I never thoughts 2 posts alone could be so bad that trying to explain why he's scummy is going to give me a tumour.

Tl;DR Nibbles is active but tunneling town, Gumball and Darwin both need more hot takes, Larry is sus enough to make me want to continue watching his play, and Banana Joe is a lynch candidate for making my decision to avoid carcinogens pointless.
Banana joe
Banana joe
intermediate poster

Sun Nov 03, 2019 10:07 pm
Jerry Mouse wrote:
Banana joe wrote:I think its weird that you are classifying it as tvt, sounds like you're trying to defend one of your scum partners...

OK HOLD UP

This looked terrible on first sight.

Then you read it again and you realize it's worse.

When Gumball calls Gumball vs Nibbles a TvT and you accuse Gumball of defending a scum partner. Does anyone else see the problem with this????? What???????

I KNOW i goofed really hard. I had read it earlier and saw the Larry svt remark and thought it was weird, along with saying later gumball that it was tvt. So i mixed it all up and said something that made zero sense LOL. I'm sorry aboutta that

Unvote gumball waterson
Darwin Watterson
Darwin Watterson
Pro Poster

Sun Nov 03, 2019 10:41 pm
Jerry Mouse wrote:I realize I've been floodposting and I apologize for that. But fuck wallposts and this is the last floodpost for now I promise (unless someone comes on to talk to me I'm lonely :c).

I think the only person here who I can't get a grasp on is Darwin, their posts have all been really neutral and they've managed to keep themselves out of the drama. @Darwin, I'd like to hear your thoughts on the game so far, your stance re: my conclusions and your own conclusions. For now, Gumball and Nibbles are my strong towncore, although Nibbles is currently stuck tunneling and Gumball isn't providing a lot of discussion points (pls start doing so I need my reads validated). Larry is kinda scummy and a potential candidate for lynch/discussion imo, and Banana Joe is.... I never thoughts 2 posts alone could be so bad that trying to explain why he's scummy is going to give me a tumour.

Tl;DR Nibbles is active but tunneling town, Gumball and Darwin both need more hot takes, Larry is sus enough to make me want to continue watching his play, and Banana Joe is a lynch candidate for making my decision to avoid carcinogens pointless.
1. This is town
2. i have no idea how to read nibbles v gumball so i will just say it is NAI
3. larry was just my rvs lynch yet i dont like how he asked why i was lynching him 
4. pls like subscribe
Quacker
Quacker
Pro Poster

Mon Nov 04, 2019 2:55 am
Gumball Watterson wrote:Also I claim OS Day Vigilante, just because the chances of a doctor are pretty high
Before I even ask what do you guys think of this slot, I'll make it clear that this slot is not being lynched today. Regardless of their faction, an OS Day Vig can be pressured HARD into shooting someone we want. It's essentially a free lynch. If he listens to US and decides a shot WE all want, then good. If he doesn't, he gets lynched.
That being said, I believe this slot is slightly town. I can see why you'd disagree and while I do see your point (targeted at Nibbles), the very fact that this post is just so ballsy and obviously attracts so much more pressure on you (especially knowing the fact that it's day one); I won't call it a scum move. Nevertheless, this is a very slight lean.

Nibbles wrote:Also on a more serious note I townlean Darwin now because of this:
Darwin Watterson wrote:@nibbles allegations that we are scum brothers as well?preposterous

Scum typically does not go so over the top because it draws attention to them. Everyone else is, of course, null atm because they haven't come on yet, and so for now I'll stick to my lynch because there's no real reason not to yet.
I beg to differ. Even if I choose to believe the fact that Darwin Watterson wasn't "memeing" or joking about that, saying "it's preposterous to say we are scum brothers!!" (focus on the choice of words, it's brothers rather than partners, indicating that it's a joke, but I'll keep that aside) will not attract as much attention. Tons of people haven't even made their first post yet.

Nibbles wrote:I mean, now we can at least conf your role to not be a lie (but there's no reason for scum to fakeclaim their role in this setup so it doesn't matter).
Scum reacting badly to pressure and thinking role claim actually gives them towncred
Town reacting badly to pressure and thinking role claim actually gives them towncred
Something else weird that I haven't thought of (Do say if you see anything I've missed)

I mentioned this in my first quote, but it doesn't hurt to elaborate.
Firstly, you're overthinking. Try putting yourself in their shoes. Would you do the same? I don't think their claim is even remotely related to your pressure. What they did is perhaps because they did what they felt was the right decision. Regardless of what it was, I believe that it has no relation to your lynch.
Secondly, I doubt claiming OS DayVig would just give them free towncredit. I am WIFOM'ing super hard here, but if you could think that it's scum taking free towncredit, so can they. Scum would be a bit more careful in claiming.
Lastly, regardless of what faction they are, an OS DayVig is worth keeping.

My wording could be bad, let me know if it is.
Nibbles wrote:I Also my arguments aren't based on your claim because it can easily be interpreted as either town or scum (so it's NAI). I'm pretty sure that they do matter too for the purposes of a) other players reading me based on what I say and, for me more importantly, b) showing other players why I think you are scum and hopefully convincing them that I am right, given that you are the most scummy person atm imo. So I would appreciate it if you stop just saying my reads don't matter and either tell me why you are town (not null as your arguments have been suggesting) or make reads of your own because unless I'm being stupid (and I wouldn't put it past myself), you haven't made any reads on anyone who has been online yet, but rather only defended yourself.

Moving on, Hi Larry. I like your pfp. Unless you sr or tr one of me or Gumball I would like you to explain why you thing it's SvT and not TvT. We're a cat and a mouse. There's no beef involved. Finally, saying 'who knows' is very unhelpful because you are undermining your thoughts. If you are town, don't be shy; tell us what you think and why you think it. Otherwise all you are is a vote and not a contributing member of town.

I can elaborate further on this if you want, but I like the tone of this message. This puts Nibbles in a town lean. They've obviously been scumhunting, and it's a shame that I have to mention this (which I'll elaborate in my next quote), but it's obvious that they're just putting an extended RVS/pressure on Gumball Watterson. Especially knowing the fact that Gumball Watterson claimed OS DayVig, it'll be best if we can deduce their faction early on. If that was exactly Nibble's thought process/reasoning behind the pressure he applied on Gumball Watterson, then they deserve a town lean.
And the orange colored quote. My god, if I was romantically attracted to good townplays then I'd be swooning rug.

Larry Needlemeyer wrote:Wow there Nibbles, I see now it wasn't beef and you are simply overly aggressive with everyone. How about we take it down a few lol. I dont sr or tr neither of you atm, my comment was simply stating an observation i had at the moment. No need to be so hostile...

If I ever get to teach kids "how to play mafia", then this would be a post that'll be my top example of "What type of posts you should not make". I won't disagree that they were being aggressive, but overly aggressive? It's a shame that I have to even mention this, but it's obvious that he's not going all out on Gumball Watterson. He's pushing them on the edge to get a definite read on them. He has a bad case on them that stands on a matchstick, and it's working.
I'll even keep this pressure aside. What's wrong with being aggressive? We are not kids here playing tag, we are here to make each other stand on the edge of the cliff. You are to force everyone to talk and make arguments, so that you can know who's town and who's not town.
And there's no way both of them are completely neutral. I want your reads. Or else I'll have a case on you like Nibbles has one on Gumball Watterson.
Lynch Larry Needlemeyer

Jerry Mouse wrote:
Actually in what world do you think scum claiming OS DayVig of all roles is an actual play? A DayVig claim is probably the only objectively bad claim here, he'd probably be better off faking Tracker or whatever, especially if he's considering docs in the game to play Follow the Tracker with.

IDK what other allegations you're making against him and his play, but he's pretty damn likely to be Town purely mechanically and I kinda feel mafia games should have all the mechanical aspects sorted out ASAP.

Just to make things clear, you can't fakeclaim OS DayVig (since it's impossible to prove to everyone that you're a DayVig when in reality you are not). By scum claiming OS DayVig he most probably meant a mafia aligned DayVig.

[quote="Darwin Watterson"
1. This is town
2. i have no idea how to read nibbles v gumball so i will just say it is NAI
3. larry was just my rvs lynch yet i dont like how he asked why i was lynching him 
4. pls like subscribe[/quote]

"This is town"... Why's that? Is this the tone? I would love an elaboration on that. If it's because of the content, I beg to differ. Calling you out isn't exactly a town play (neither am I saying it's a scum play, it's NAI).
And you don't need to judge whether it's a TvT or a SvT, just let us know what you think of everyone in this case. Saying NAI isn't helpful. at. all. There's something that speaks out to you, something that looks odd or different. I need to know what you think.
And I agree with point three.
And while I'm at you, you're just above Larry in the my list of people I want lynched.
Quacker
Quacker
Pro Poster

Mon Nov 04, 2019 2:57 am
Quote failed, tagging @Darwin Watterson because I need him to see it.
Kliff
Kliff
Admin
https://mafia-townie.forumotion.com

Mon Nov 04, 2019 7:31 am
Plurality applies, Hammer:5. If hammer is Reach before Deadline, Night Phase Will begin. You have 52 hours left by the time this post was created.

Vote Count 1.2
Like a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heaven

Gumball Watterson (1) -
Game 1AAA: Semi-Open Setup (Preseaon) - Page 3 1610

Darwin Watterson (0) -

Tom Cat (1) -

Game 1AAA: Semi-Open Setup (Preseaon) - Page 3 1210

Nibbles (0) -

Quacker (0) -

Jerry Mouse (0) -

Banana joe (1) -
Game 1AAA: Semi-Open Setup (Preseaon) - Page 3 510
Larry Needlemeyer* (2) -
Game 1AAA: Semi-Open Setup (Preseaon) - Page 3 810Game 1AAA: Semi-Open Setup (Preseaon) - Page 3 910

Like a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heaven

I will be reminding the 0 posters 4 hours earlier, since I wont be able to do it around 11am.
Darwin Watterson
Darwin Watterson
Pro Poster

Mon Nov 04, 2019 8:23 am
@quacker is arguably not helping town here so I will just pretend he didnt just do that, anyway yes Jerry is town. gumball vs nibbles NAI
Jerry Mouse
Jerry Mouse
Pro Poster

Mon Nov 04, 2019 10:23 am
I've barely skimmed through and am going to sleep soon, but I'm just going to throw it out there that in the 2 possible setups, 1v7 and 2v6 (not entertaining 3v5), Mafia DayVig is either really really broken in 2v6, or really underpowered in 1v7. Heck, 7 Vanillas vs 1 DayVig is probably even more townsided than old classic. The only scenario I see Mafia DayVig in is in a role madness 2v6 with like 4 docs for town or something, and that's still D2/3 MyLo/LyLo. Honestly, any balanced setup with Mafia DayVig would be so swingy it's probably not even worth our time playing mechanically. DayVigs in this setup are almost definitely Town, and the potential setups here with Mafia DayVigs are so statistically insignificant that us even considering them is a -EV play in the time we lose deliberating.

Can't say I like Quacker's approach to the game, it feels very side-liney and borderline white knight-like. Especially his takes on Nibbles, the way he comments on their actions then assigns an out to it. Feels less like scumhunting/discussion provoking than like..... commandeering the game? IDK the right word here. Also completely skirted his thoughts on me and Banana, but goes through the effort of interrogating Darwin.

Can't say I like Darwin's post above me though, what are your thoughts on quackers? What's the "arguably" on?

And wdym NAI? Are you just gonna pretend it doesn't exist, or do you think it's not worth reading into?
Jerry Mouse
Jerry Mouse
Pro Poster

Mon Nov 04, 2019 10:26 am
Quacker wrote:
If I ever get to teach kids "how to play mafia", then this would be a post that'll be my top example of "What type of posts you should not make". I won't disagree that they were being aggressive, but overly aggressive? It's a shame that I have to even mention this, but it's obvious that he's not going all out on Gumball Watterson. He's pushing them on the edge to get a definite read on them. He has a bad case on them that stands on a matchstick, and it's working.
I'll even keep this pressure aside. What's wrong with being aggressive? We are not kids here playing tag, we are here to make each other stand on the edge of the cliff. You are to force everyone to talk and make arguments, so that you  can know who's town and who's not town.

It's just this bit here that really rubs me the wrong way. Like, you say all this stuff and make all these assertions but to what conclusion to you come to? Here you're just throwing words into the air and waiting for people to internalize them for you.
Darwin Watterson
Darwin Watterson
Pro Poster

Mon Nov 04, 2019 10:30 am
Jerry Mouse wrote:I've barely skimmed through and am going to sleep soon, but I'm just going to throw it out there that in the 2 possible setups, 1v7 and 2v6 (not entertaining 3v5), Mafia DayVig is either really really broken in 2v6, or really underpowered in 1v7. Heck, 7 Vanillas vs 1 DayVig is probably even more townsided than old classic.  The only scenario I see Mafia DayVig in is in a role madness 2v6 with like 4 docs for town or something, and that's still D2/3 MyLo/LyLo. Honestly, any balanced setup with Mafia DayVig would be so swingy it's probably not even worth our time playing mechanically. DayVigs in this setup are almost definitely Town, and the potential setups here with Mafia DayVigs are so statistically insignificant that us even considering them is a -EV play in the time we lose deliberating.

Can't say I like Quacker's approach to the game, it feels very side-liney and borderline white knight-like. Especially his takes on Nibbles, the way he comments on their actions then assigns an out to it. Feels less like scumhunting/discussion provoking than like..... commandeering the game? IDK the right word here. Also completely skirted his thoughts on me and Banana, but goes through the effort of interrogating Darwin.

Can't say I like Darwin's post above me though, what are your thoughts on quackers? What's the "arguably" on?

And wdym NAI? Are you just gonna pretend it doesn't exist, or do you think it's not worth reading into?
yes
Jerry Mouse
Jerry Mouse
Pro Poster

Mon Nov 04, 2019 10:34 am
Anyways before I head to back, I'm gonna throw out some questions I need answered when I wake up.

Mainly, Quackers what are your thoughts on the rest of the game? Notably, elaboration of your stance on Gumball, what your takes on my assertions are (my main flood is on end page 2/start page 3) , elaboration on Nibbles and stand re: Banana Joe.

Nibbles, yeah you have a lot of things to answer to lol.

Gumball the mechanically clean & Darwin the antitown:
Game 1AAA: Semi-Open Setup (Preseaon) - Page 3 Download
Jerry Mouse
Jerry Mouse
Pro Poster

Mon Nov 04, 2019 10:35 am
EBWOP head to bed*
Gumball Watterson
Gumball Watterson
Pro Poster

Mon Nov 04, 2019 10:39 am
Um yeah so there's a lot to process here and I'm in class so I only skimmed, but I would just like to say that scum OS Dayvig probably wouldn't want to claim d1 due to the fact that they lock themselves into shooting scum if town finds out who scum is.
Darwin Watterson
Darwin Watterson
Pro Poster

Mon Nov 04, 2019 10:43 am
Jerry Mouse wrote:Anyways before I head to back, I'm gonna throw out some questions I need answered when I wake up.

Mainly, Quackers what are your thoughts on the rest of the game? Notably, elaboration of your stance on Gumball, what your takes on my assertions are (my main flood is on end page 2/start page 3) , elaboration on Nibbles and stand re: Banana Joe.

Game 1AAA: Semi-Open Setup (Preseaon) - Page 3 Download
instead of calling me antitown you should call me autotown* (:
Tom Cat
Tom Cat
intermediate poster

Mon Nov 04, 2019 11:36 am
So apparently none of my messages have actually been getting posted .-. Just to summarize my thoughts over the last day then, i agree I’m thinking what the hell Banana Joe is thinking with his post. Too much indicates that Gumball is more than likely some form of a towny, whether or not that actually is the vig, and it would clearly be less than desirable to straight gun for him. For that I’m gonna Vote Banana Joe. I do think that Jerry’s floodposting is a lot but on a more serious note it’s addressing a lot of key crucial points that are making him appear as if he is town. I’m leaning more towards believing this is the case but sometimes saying so much clouds our perceptions so I feel as if we should all go back and analyze the game against his words to find any possible discrepancies. As for the thing with Quacker, I’m seeing it less as a scummy play and more of a plain bad one. As for what Darwin is doing, I have so many questions. I get that Quacker CLEARLY said some weird shit but you kinda skimmed over the main questions he asked you and just merely reinforced them with a “yes”. What’s your whole reasoning for the whole immediate town read on Jerry. Your whole lax approach isn’t very helpful either so I’m not sure how to read you or approach this matter. I would like to ask you to actually state your reasonings behind your claims as well as why you find certain events not worth analyzing at this current time. @Darwin Watterson
Nibbles
Nibbles
Pro Poster

Mon Nov 04, 2019 12:21 pm
I'm back and I can see I have much to do here after a quick earlier skim-read on mobile earlier and now a proper read.

Jerry Mouse wrote:Anyways before I head to back, I'm gonna throw out some questions I need answered when I wake up.

Yes I do! (I removed the image because it's large and getting in my way in other posts)
Nibbles
Nibbles
Pro Poster

Mon Nov 04, 2019 12:39 pm
Let's get started with Gumball.
Jerry Mouse wrote:I realize I've been floodposting and I apologize for that. But fuck wallposts and this is the last floodpost for now I promise (unless someone comes on to talk to me I'm lonely :c).

Well I haven't been tunnelling. When I was on before the only other people were Gumball, Darwin, and one post from Larry. You'll find that I tred Darwin, sred Gumball and asked Larry what he was talking about, so looked at all the players. I've been focusing on gumball because I don't want to make reads on players who hadn't posted yet. However, that is just me ranting and unimportant to the game.

Moving on,
Jerry Mouse wrote:I've barely skimmed through and am going to sleep soon, but I'm just going to throw it out there that in the 2 possible setups, 1v7 and 2v6 (not entertaining 3v5), Mafia DayVig is either really really broken in 2v6, or really underpowered in 1v7. Heck, 7 Vanillas vs 1 DayVig is probably even more townsided than old classic. The only scenario I see Mafia DayVig in is in a role madness 2v6 with like 4 docs for town or something, and that's still D2/3 MyLo/LyLo. Honestly, any balanced setup with Mafia DayVig would be so swingy it's probably not even worth our time playing mechanically. DayVigs in this setup are almost definitely Town, and the potential setups here with Mafia DayVigs are so statistically insignificant that us even considering them is a -EV play in the time we lose deliberating.

Jerry Mouse wrote:@Nibbles wrote:
I mean, now we can at least conf your role to not be a lie (but there's no reason for scum to fakeclaim their role in this setup so it doesn't matter).

Yeah, ok. With the arguments people have made for gumball being town (non-mechanically) / my reasoning being wrong, I had moved to a FOS on gumball. Looking at this mechanical explanation, I agree that gumball is likely town and a worse than average lynch either way. The first quote I highlighted because I DISAGREE with it due to the fact that it is completely randomised in terms of who gets what role (correct me if I'm wrong). However the second is very strong imo and so:

Unvote Gumball Watterson

Next up, the spotlight moves to Darwin...
Nibbles
Nibbles
Pro Poster

Mon Nov 04, 2019 12:49 pm
Darwin, my insta-tr.
I still stick to my reasoning, that writing in such a size at first is townie because it draws attention, something scum doesn't generally want.
However, they then kept playing that way. This seems a lot like taking their towniness for granted and therefore not contributing to the game properly (I've seen so many people who get confirmed as innocent child in other games do this, so I know it's a real thing). Problem is, they aren't conf town, or even majoritavely tred. This seems scummy to me because they should be actively playing townily and making reads.

Therefore, I am placing a provisional vote on:
Vote Darwin Watterson

This is weak, and I fully expect that once I get my thoughts in order and down on the page I will reconsider and either strengthen the case against Darwin or switch that vote.
Nibbles
Nibbles
Pro Poster

Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:01 pm
Next up: Larry.

Larry Needlemeyer:
[quote = "Larry Needlemeyer"]Wow there Nibbles, I see now it wasn't beef and you are simply overly aggressive with everyone. How about we take it down a few lol. I dont sr or tr neither of you atm, my comment was simply stating an observation i had at the moment. No need to be so hostile...[/quote]

Doesn't answer my question. If it was a momentary gut impression, don't bother posting it. This is forums which means we have loads of time to think and read and, most importantly, find reasoning for our thoughts.

Then:
[quote = "Larry Needlemeyer"]Darwin Watterson why you on me boy[/quote]

This is scummy. It's a HORRIBLE reaction to pressure. There's no need to go into depth here; everyone's seen people react to pressure at 1 lynch, and it often comes up with scum or, at worst, bad town.
I will be looking to lynch Larry but for the time being I don't want to commit to a lynch when the person has only posted 3 things. Larry, speak more. I want to make my reads on you because atm you are my lynch for when I don't have any sls or srs but I want to be sure of my lynches.
Nibbles
Nibbles
Pro Poster

Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:02 pm
AGHHH why am I so bad at formatting
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum