Mafia-Townie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game 1AAA: Semi-Open Setup (Preseaon)

+5
Nibbles
Larry Needlemeyer
Quacker
Darwin Watterson
Banana joe
9 posters
Go down
Gumball Watterson
Gumball Watterson
Pro Poster

Game 1AAA: Semi-Open Setup (Preseaon) - Page 9 Empty Re: Game 1AAA: Semi-Open Setup (Preseaon)

Fri Nov 08, 2019 1:52 pm
ew double post
Darwin Watterson
Darwin Watterson
Pro Poster

Game 1AAA: Semi-Open Setup (Preseaon) - Page 9 Empty Re: Game 1AAA: Semi-Open Setup (Preseaon)

Fri Nov 08, 2019 2:06 pm
0 idea how I am the lynch when there was a legit cw off of my sr onto town lol
Darwin Watterson
Darwin Watterson
Pro Poster

Fri Nov 08, 2019 2:07 pm
Tom Cat wrote:I would like to address a few concerns btw that I noticed upon reading back regarding Jerry. I hope you can elaborate on them so I may better understand why you did what you did. From what I saw, you also put Larry higher on your list of SRs but instead proceeded to vote me, which isn’t the main concern as I was second on your SR list, but THEN proceeded to say you would vote up Banana Joe.  You did also start the original lunch of Larry which makes me ever so slightly suspicious but I’m not fully convinced at this stage. You also instigated the lynches on Joe, which to be fair were very much apparent and deserving, but I’m starting to wonder about you. I’m also putting a provisional vote on Darwin rn just cause I think that it’s the right play for now.
Vote Darwin
love how you said 0 about me and then lynched me randomly at the end lol
Darwin Watterson
Darwin Watterson
Pro Poster

Fri Nov 08, 2019 2:09 pm
Gumball Watterson wrote:I'm going to go back onto this from earlier d1. Still a big scumread. Lynch Darwin

Also good shit doc
you never srd me before...
Darwin Watterson
Darwin Watterson
Pro Poster

Fri Nov 08, 2019 2:09 pm
Gumball Watterson wrote:I'm going to go back onto this from earlier d1. Still a big scumread. Lynch Darwin

Also good shit doc
you never srd me before...
Nibbles
Nibbles
Pro Poster

Fri Nov 08, 2019 2:39 pm
Game 1AAA: Semi-Open Setup (Preseaon) - Page 9 1aaa_111
Game 1AAA: Semi-Open Setup (Preseaon) - Page 9 1aaa_211
Game 1AAA: Semi-Open Setup (Preseaon) - Page 9 1aaa_311
Nibbles
Nibbles
Pro Poster

Fri Nov 08, 2019 2:40 pm
AGHH crumbs my cropping failed and now you can see a discord ping :O. idt anyone from mafia knows spheal though so it's all good
Game 1AAA: Semi-Open Setup (Preseaon) - Page 9 1aaa_410
Game 1AAA: Semi-Open Setup (Preseaon) - Page 9 1aaa_510
Nibbles
Nibbles
Pro Poster

Fri Nov 08, 2019 2:47 pm
In response to expected questions/issues:
Yes I consider myself towncore with Jerry, and potentially Quacker too.
There may be mistakes, yes. It's comprehensive. I'd be surprised if there are no mistakes. That said, it should generally be right
This was objective, but it is what I see. You may feel your interactions were different than how I posted, but try to look at it objectively before objecting. Most objections will be valid but many will not.
Yes I referred to myself as 'Nibbles' (3rd person) for ease of understanding.
There is no standard format for how to make these because interactions happen in different ways
Some interactions seem limited but that is mainly because one or both players were inactive

Give me more questions and make amendations to the table.

Don't judge me for play Minecraft or having two browsers (I only use Edge)
Darwin Watterson
Darwin Watterson
Pro Poster

Fri Nov 08, 2019 2:48 pm
Nibbles wrote:AGHH crumbs my cropping failed and now you can see a discord ping :O. idt anyone from mafia knows spheal though so it's all good
Game 1AAA: Semi-Open Setup (Preseaon) - Page 9 1aaa_410
Game 1AAA: Semi-Open Setup (Preseaon) - Page 9 1aaa_510
i have made note of tom.
Nibbles
Nibbles
Pro Poster

Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:26 pm
Oh I should say that you look at the column to see how a person have interacted and a row to see how others have interacted with the person

Darwin wdym you have made note of Tom?
Darwin Watterson
Darwin Watterson
Pro Poster

Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:28 pm
Nibbles wrote:Oh I should say that you look at the column to see how a person have interacted and a row to see how others have interacted with the person

Your post said I have made no note of Tom Cat. I literally just did a few lines ago before you posted the pics
Darwin Watterson
Darwin Watterson
Pro Poster

Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:28 pm
Nibbles wrote:Oh I should say that you look at the column to see how a person have interacted and a row to see how others have interacted with the person

Your post said I have made no note of Tom Cat. I literally just did a few lines ago before you posted the pics
Nibbles
Nibbles
Pro Poster

Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:30 pm
Ah ok. The table was mainly on d1 and only a few bits of d2 got added before posting. That's fine, everyone can just make a mental note of that.
Kliff
Kliff
Admin
https://mafia-townie.forumotion.com

Fri Nov 08, 2019 5:05 pm
Sub news
Larry(# 2) Will be subbed Out due the unforeseen inconvenient reason, However, A new user is currently Using their Account.
Darwin Watterson
Darwin Watterson
Pro Poster

Fri Nov 08, 2019 6:05 pm
Kliff wrote:Sub news
Larry(# 2) Will be subbed Out due the unforeseen inconvenient reason, However, A new user is currently Using their Account.
lol
Jerry Mouse
Jerry Mouse
Pro Poster

Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:52 pm
plurshifting isn't inherently scummy, self-preservation is something both town and scum would want to do. I feel like if you want to talk about scumreading someone """"especially for the plurshift"""", I'm gonna need some more elaboration on why that specific instance of self-pres is scummier than it is town. The way I saw it, Larry and Banana were the two lynch contenders and in any alignment, shifting onto the other contender is generally an acceptable play.

Also I kinda disagree with Darwin lynch here, like they've been useless throughout the game but I don't feel they've been outright scummy enough to warrant being lynched over like Larry.

I have some thoughts about Tom I was planning to post, I'll get to that later
Jerry Mouse
Jerry Mouse
Pro Poster

Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:05 pm
Nibbles wrote:I disagree with tone being such a strong reason to read, mostly because it is read subjectively by different players, but you're right: it's not scummy in and of itself to make reads on tone.

Now I need to make that table I was talking about so give me 20 mins. Also feel free to comment on the table where you disagree.

Yeah so on Quackers, as much as their posts were pretty logically flawed, I felt that they had a towny tone and town motivation behind them.

Reading back on his posts, they read more of pushing for new angles and evaluating players, more than trying to establish himself or shoot for mislynches. I agree it's pretty subjective, in that it basically boils down to "I like how he said stuff", but I don't think reads have to all be objective and I'm fine keeping the toneread on him to myself, and it's why I'm not immediately locking him into the towncore.

That aside though, I do think he's town, and I was pushing his points moreso because I felt like they would lead somewhere more than trying to trip him into a scumslip. Even through flawed logic, the approach he was taking on many players were a lot more productive than gumball's passivity for example.
Jerry Mouse
Jerry Mouse
Pro Poster

Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:12 pm
Darwin Watterson wrote:
Jerry Mouse wrote:Before I go, Darwin and Gumball remind me why you went for Larry > Banana? Towards the end there I kinda felt the pressure was way higher on Banana than on Larry, and since I wasn't there for it, I want to get a feel of where the main voters' thoughts were at during that time.
it doesnt matter about which pressure was higher as compared to which lynch was better for the day, in my opinion that happened to be larry.

uh huh why?
Jerry Mouse
Jerry Mouse
Pro Poster

Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:13 pm
Gumball Watterson wrote:
Jerry Mouse wrote:Before I go, Darwin and Gumball remind me why you went for Larry > Banana? Towards the end there I kinda felt the pressure was way higher on Banana than on Larry, and since I wasn't there for it, I want to get a feel of where the main voters' thoughts were at during that time.

Um, honestly I just didn't see enough of a reason for me to switch onto Banana. I still do want to get Larry, ESPECIALLY because of that plurshift, so actually I'm sort of torn between the two.

you too, why larry > banana?
Jerry Mouse
Jerry Mouse
Pro Poster

Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:23 pm
Tom Cat wrote:I would like to address a few concerns btw that I noticed upon reading back regarding Jerry. I hope you can elaborate on them so I may better understand why you did what you did. From what I saw, you also put Larry higher on your list of SRs but instead proceeded to vote me, which isn’t the main concern as I was second on your SR list, but THEN proceeded to say you would vote up Banana Joe.  You did also start the original lunch of Larry which makes me ever so slightly suspicious but I’m not fully convinced at this stage. You also instigated the lynches on Joe, which to be fair were very much apparent and deserving, but I’m starting to wonder about you. I’m also putting a provisional vote on Darwin rn just cause I think that it’s the right play for now.
Vote Darwin

My lynch preferences yesterday went Banana > Larry > You > Darwin btw, I would have approved of Larry/Joe lynches and would have agreed to pressure You/Darwin if necessary.

re: The orange quote, what point are you trying to make here? That pushing people or starting wagons is bad? What was the whole sentence about Joe meant to be? It comes off as "You did the right thing but you might still be scum!" which is uh......... you know what I mean.

I voted you in the first half of Day 1, enough pressure was on Larry already and I felt like trying to keep you on your toes was the play there. I didn't particularly like your first post after all and you weren't really being pressured or otherwise interacted with much at the time. I was planning to come on before EoD to talk and shift votes around and stuff but uh, I ended up not being online so that went out the window.

Why Darwin? Wouldn't you want to continue pressuring Larry? I get why Darwin's play would annoy people, but as anti-town as it is, it hasn't been as outright scummy as Larry 1's opening posts and Larry 2's defend-and-dip approach, and now that it's Larry 3's turn, I personally am interested to see their take on the game
Larry Needlemeyer
Larry Needlemeyer
Pro Poster

Sat Nov 09, 2019 2:14 am
sup nerds and nerdettes
i am the fabled larry number three!
the greatest of all the larrys!
anywho im reading up, lmk if there is anything in particular you guys need my eyes on as i do
Larry Needlemeyer
Larry Needlemeyer
Pro Poster

Sat Nov 09, 2019 3:57 am

Page 2:
Darwin v Tibbles early scuffle reads loosely TVT imo (less due to the interaction itself and more due to their individual merits), can break this down when I dont have 7 more pages to read.

God, 2 posts in and I see why banana was lynched. How did this slot flip green?????????

I can’t even fault jerry for the misread there. Lmfao. Jerry can probably have a townlean for their spamposts page 2. If only because his thought processes were so similar to my while I read the first page and a half. Das usually a good thing.

Page 3:
Quacker’s wallpost… existed I guess? I feel like I shouldve pulled more a read from it than I did. I just didn’t get much from this, like my takeaway was supposed to be…? I can vibe with the darwin callout at the very least. Not sure what to think of the darwin slot, because most of their jokes are basically jokeposts. Nyeh. Both of the aforementioned slots feel like they are gonna be a pain to read.

Jerry is my spirit animal honestly.

Tom’s first post felt… scripted and unimpressive? It feels very much like a thread summary than a post and honestly? Not a fan. Also the tone of the post bothers the hell out of me but thats far more likely to be a posting quirk (although I hope his posts aren’t like that all game, someone’s gonna need to put glasses on me to read this guy straight if they are)

Nibbles readlists: Meh? Felt unneccessary. Not inherently scummy though.

Tom’s second post: More thread summary posting. Only thing of note in here is a hard stance on nibblez, in which its easy for scum to point to a highposter and say LOOK ITS TOWN. Give me a take please and ty.

Maybe I’m just blind but Quacker’s posts throughout pages 4-5 arent really pinging green for me like they seem to be everyone else. Not like I’m running around waving the banner of SCUMQUACK but nyeh.

(Forgot to post pages and i’m like dozing in and out of sleep atp so everything above is page 3-5, deal w/ it)

Page 6: Another fake asf post from tom, like, im reading each and every one of his posts. They all A: repeat points
B: come with no personal takes of his own
C: have terrible tone that SCREEEEEEEEEEEAM i spent a year and a half crafting this masterful paragraph
Debating on whether or not this is Quacker’s banana defense in general is white knighting banana whilest knowing they are far and away the likelies lynch, and knowing they would flip green. Thoughts on this?

Page 7: Remind me to go back and reread gumball v nibblez im going to friggin sleep. I got distracted way to many times catching up.

Page 8: ITS A WHOLE NEW DAY AND A WHOLE NEW LARRY (i’ll read everything d2 tommorow, for now until someone gives me a reason)
lynch tom the cat
Larry Needlemeyer
Larry Needlemeyer
Pro Poster

Sat Nov 09, 2019 3:58 am
EBWOP
so* for now until someone gives me a reason not to
Larry Needlemeyer
Larry Needlemeyer
Pro Poster

Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:01 am
and a tldr for the squad
me: the GOAT larry
can be town: nibblez/jerry/darwin
can be whatever: darwin/quacker
is prolly the scum: tom the cat
Gumball Watterson
Gumball Watterson
Pro Poster

Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:03 am
Jerry Mouse wrote:plurshifting isn't inherently scummy, self-preservation is something both town and scum would want to do. I feel like if you want to talk about scumreading someone """"especially for the plurshift"""", I'm gonna need some more elaboration on why that specific instance of self-pres is scummier than it is town. The way I saw it, Larry and Banana were the two lynch contenders and in any alignment, shifting onto the other contender is generally an acceptable play.

Also I kinda disagree with Darwin lynch here, like they've been useless throughout the game but I don't feel they've been outright scummy enough to warrant being lynched over like Larry.

I have some thoughts about Tom I was planning to post, I'll get to that later

Honestly if Larry wasn't a town PR or scum then they probably shouldn't have done that. It gives me enough reason to keep suspecting them
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum