Mafia-Townie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game 1AAA: Semi-Open Setup (Preseaon)

+5
Nibbles
Larry Needlemeyer
Quacker
Darwin Watterson
Banana joe
9 posters
Go down
Larry Needlemeyer
Larry Needlemeyer
Pro Poster

Game 1AAA: Semi-Open Setup (Preseaon) - Page 10 Empty Re: Game 1AAA: Semi-Open Setup (Preseaon)

Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:05 am
replace isntance of darwin in can be town with gumball, sorry
(also replace instance of darwin in the Page 2 part of the post with gumball too)
Nibbles
Nibbles
Pro Poster

Game 1AAA: Semi-Open Setup (Preseaon) - Page 10 Empty Re: Game 1AAA: Semi-Open Setup (Preseaon)

Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:26 am
Jerry Mouse wrote:plurshifting isn't inherently scummy, self-preservation is something both town and scum would want to do. I feel like if you want to talk about scumreading someone """"especially for the plurshift"""", I'm gonna need some more elaboration on why that specific instance of self-pres is scummier than it is town. The way I saw it, Larry and Banana were the two lynch contenders and in any alignment, shifting onto the other contender is generally an acceptable play.

Also I kinda disagree with Darwin lynch here, like they've been useless throughout the game but I don't feel they've been outright scummy enough to warrant being lynched over like Larry.

I have some thoughts about Tom I was planning to post, I'll get to that later

I understand the logic, but I have a hard time reading late day plurshift as NAI.

Jerry Mouse wrote:
Nibbles wrote:I disagree with tone being such a strong reason to read, mostly because it is read subjectively by different players, but you're right: it's not scummy in and of itself to make reads on tone.

Now I need to make that table I was talking about so give me 20 mins. Also feel free to comment on the table where you disagree.

Yeah so on Quackers, as much as their posts were pretty logically flawed, I felt that they had a towny tone and town motivation behind them.

Reading back on his posts, they read more of pushing for new angles and evaluating players, more than trying to establish himself or shoot for mislynches. I agree it's pretty subjective, in that it basically boils down to "I like how he said stuff", but I don't think reads have to all be objective and I'm fine keeping the toneread on him to myself, and it's why I'm not immediately locking him into the towncore.

That aside though, I do think he's town, and I was pushing his points moreso because I felt like they would lead somewhere more than trying to trip him into a scumslip. Even through flawed logic, the approach he was taking on many players were a lot more productive than gumball's passivity for example.

That makes more sense. When you say tone I think of wording, but this makes me think that you mean angle that they are playing. That is a good reason to read and so I think we were just arguing about different things. And yes, quacker's angle is town, though I don't agree with his pressure by purposeful misunderstanding/quoting out of context on occasion (or if that was all accidental, then it's just a bit weird).

Jerry Mouse wrote:
Tom Cat wrote:I would like to address a few concerns btw that I noticed upon reading back regarding Jerry. I hope you can elaborate on them so I may better understand why you did what you did. From what I saw, you also put Larry higher on your list of SRs but instead proceeded to vote me, which isn’t the main concern as I was second on your SR list, but THEN proceeded to say you would vote up Banana Joe.  You did also start the original lunch of Larry which makes me ever so slightly suspicious but I’m not fully convinced at this stage. You also instigated the lynches on Joe, which to be fair were very much apparent and deserving, but I’m starting to wonder about you. I’m also putting a provisional vote on Darwin rn just cause I think that it’s the right play for now.
Vote Darwin

My lynch preferences yesterday went Banana > Larry > You > Darwin btw, I would have approved of Larry/Joe lynches and would have agreed to pressure You/Darwin if necessary.

re: The orange quote, what point are you trying to make here? That pushing people or starting wagons is bad? What was the whole sentence about Joe meant to be? It comes off as "You did the right thing but you might still be scum!" which is uh......... you know what I mean.

I voted you in the first half of Day 1, enough pressure was on Larry already and I felt like trying to keep you on your toes was the play there. I didn't particularly like your first post after all and you weren't really being pressured or otherwise interacted with much at the time. I was planning to come on before EoD to talk and shift votes around and stuff but uh, I ended up not being online so that went out the window.

Why Darwin? Wouldn't you want to continue pressuring Larry? I get why Darwin's play would annoy people, but as anti-town as it is, it hasn't been as outright scummy as Larry 1's opening posts and Larry 2's defend-and-dip approach, and now that it's Larry 3's turn, I personally am interested to see their take on the game

Other than staying null on Darwin, I agree with all this, especially that Tom Cat has been making bad allegations. The reason I quoted this is kind of because I'm developing a scumlean on Tom Cat and this is the tipping point from null to scumlean.
Nibbles
Nibbles
Pro Poster

Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:33 am
I know that yesterday I said that I wanted a gumball shot to be forced today, but no kill means it's 2v5, and a shot takes us to 2v4 which is probably pmylo, whereas no shot takes us to 2v3 (assuming that there is a kill). So I'm hesitant to get Gumball's shot now, but if we do do it, then I'd like a Darwin shot so that we can take the info of who's lynching him and then get on with a more informed lynch. Still I do want to know that gumball isn't totally playing us with the dayvig claim so I think we should all suggest what we do with the dayvig shot.
My suggestion is to shoot Darwin, but I might change that as the day goes on.
Jerry Mouse
Jerry Mouse
Pro Poster

Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:29 am
Actually, I think shooting and no lynching might be a play. We basically push through an early lynch and get discussion time. Although, that does give us little time to actually think of the lynch, so I would suggest against it given the state of the game rn. Our doc gave us an extra day so I think we should take it.

Jerry Mouse
Jerry Mouse
Pro Poster

Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:31 am
Gumball Watterson wrote:
Jerry Mouse wrote:plurshifting isn't inherently scummy, self-preservation is something both town and scum would want to do. I feel like if you want to talk about scumreading someone """"especially for the plurshift"""", I'm gonna need some more elaboration on why that specific instance of self-pres is scummier than it is town. The way I saw it, Larry and Banana were the two lynch contenders and in any alignment, shifting onto the other contender is generally an acceptable play.

Also I kinda disagree with Darwin lynch here, like they've been useless throughout the game but I don't feel they've been outright scummy enough to warrant being lynched over like Larry.

Honestly if Larry wasn't a town PR or scum then they probably shouldn't have done that. It gives me enough reason to keep suspecting them

Jesus christ if you weren't mechanically town I'd be lynching you now out of frustration. You're still dodging the question, why did you initially scumread Larry > Joe, and why is that specific instance of plurshift scummy? You're just restating your previous posts.
Jerry Mouse
Jerry Mouse
Pro Poster

Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:42 am

So Nibbles, how do you read the plurshift, if you say "it's anything but NAI"?

And I'm just going to go through the trouble of explaining why plurshifting isn't inherently scummy like everyone fucking thinks it is because this triggers me everytime and I'm really going to blow a blood vessel if someone just goes "uhh plurshift scummy lynch larry" one more fucking time.

Plurshifting is self-preservation, scum wants to live blah blah blah yeah, but lemme ask you, if you're Town you'd know you're 100% Town and why the fuck would you want a 100% Town player to die???? Does it make any sense??? That was a rhetorical question, the answer is no. "But Jerry, he might have shifted onto Town PR!!!! He should have just let himself die since Banana might be PR!!" no you fucking idiot. Banana Joe was the other contender was a reason, he was scummy as heck and deserved to die just as much as Larry did, if not more. If a PR got themselves into that situation it was 100% their fault and not the plurshifter's fault. In the shoes of the plurshifter, faced with the information that 1. You're 100% Town and 2. The contender to be shifted on is scummy as hell, you literally always shift off the confirmed Town to a likely scum, and you might as well not play the game if you're going to entertain the miniscule chance that it's a Town PR playing badly because at that point how the fuck are you even going to come to any conclusions with that kind of mindset?

With that out of my system, Larry 3 keep the posts coming, I believe in you!
Jerry Mouse
Jerry Mouse
Pro Poster

Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:55 am
Larry actually brought up a really good point about Quacker's """white knighting""".

While I feel it probably wasn't exactly the case that they "knew Joe was getting flipped and wanted towncred for it" since at the time of the so-called whiteknight, Larry was a more probable lynch since I was pretty much the only one stressing about Joe, I think this is a potentially revealing line of logic we can follow. Notably, Quackers, how you felt about the two leading wagons of yesterday? You haven't posted much Day 2, so now that we know Joe is flipped, what are your thoughts on them back in the actual EoD and now in retrospect? I briefly went through Quacker's posts and it mostly seemed to be leaning to lynching larry up until banana hopped on the larry bandwagon, which tipped his preferences to Joe. Did you feel that one posted outweighed the scumminess that Larry was being wagoned for the whole time?
Nibbles
Nibbles
Pro Poster

Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:59 am
Jerry Mouse wrote:Actually,  I think shooting and no lynching might be a play. We basically push through an early lynch and get discussion time. Although, that does give us little time to actually think of the lynch, so I would suggest against it given the state of the game rn. Our doc gave us an extra day so I think we should take it.

Yes that solves the conundrum nicely
Jerry Mouse
Jerry Mouse
Pro Poster

Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:00 am
I'm going to sleep in a sec, but I think we can include Quackers in the pool of people we sort out today, with Larry and Tom.

While I want to believe Quackers is Town, the possibility of a deepwolf is real, even if it's 1v7 and moreso if it's the likelier 2v6. Nibbles is a slot that probably solves itself before LyLo given how he's been posting so much, but Quackers has just the right post density and position that we can and should solve today. Quackers not posting a lot today is a bit 👀, please come back and post more so we can read you, because your posts are going to be heavily under scrutiny and this day is probably your deciding day.
Nibbles
Nibbles
Pro Poster

Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:01 am
Jerry Mouse wrote:

So Nibbles, how do you read the plurshift, if you say "it's anything but NAI"?

And I'm just going to go through the trouble of explaining why plurshifting isn't inherently scummy like everyone fucking thinks it is because this triggers me everytime and I'm really going to blow a blood vessel if someone just goes "uhh plurshift scummy  lynch larry" one more fucking time.

Plurshifting is self-preservation, scum wants to live blah blah blah yeah, but lemme ask you, if you're Town you'd know you're 100% Town and why the fuck would you want a 100% Town player to die???? Does it make any sense??? That was a rhetorical question, the answer is no. "But Jerry, he might have shifted onto Town PR!!!! He should have just let himself die since Banana might be PR!!" no you fucking idiot. Banana Joe was the other contender was a reason, he was scummy as heck and deserved to die just as much as Larry did, if not more. If a PR got themselves into that situation it was 100% their fault and not the plurshifter's fault. In the shoes of the plurshifter, faced with the information that 1. You're 100% Town and 2. The contender to be shifted on is scummy as hell, you literally always shift off the confirmed Town to a likely scum, and you might as well not play the game if you're going to entertain the miniscule chance that it's a Town PR playing badly because at that point how the fuck are you even going to come to any conclusions with that kind of mindset?

With that out of my system, Larry 3 keep the posts coming, I believe in you!

The scummy thing about plurshifting is that you stop town lynching their most major sr for the day and so may waste the next day. however, looking back up, if you count everyone but larry and banana then yeah the other people were plur on banana so ig it's fair.
Larry Needlemeyer
Larry Needlemeyer
Pro Poster

Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:08 am
kk imma finish reading d2 because im still a bit behind ITT (i stopped reading last night @ the day split)

im on mobile so you guys probably get psuedo floodposts, apologizing in advance for the formattingn! yeah
Larry Needlemeyer
Larry Needlemeyer
Pro Poster

Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:11 am
Jerry Mouse wrote:Larry actually brought up a really good point about Quacker's """white knighting""".

While I feel it probably wasn't exactly the case that they "knew Joe was getting flipped and wanted towncred for it" since at the time of the so-called whiteknight, Larry was a more probable lynch since I was pretty much the only one stressing about Joe, I think this is a potentially revealing line of logic we can follow. Notably, Quackers, how you felt about the two leading wagons of yesterday? You haven't posted much Day 2, so now that we know Joe is flipped, what are your thoughts on them back in the actual EoD and now in retrospect? I briefly went through Quacker's posts and it mostly seemed to be leaning to lynching larry up until  banana hopped on the larry bandwagon, which tipped his preferences to Joe. Did you feel that one posted outweighed the scumminess that Larry was being wagoned for the whole time?
@Quacker
making sure he sees this
Larry Needlemeyer
Larry Needlemeyer
Pro Poster

Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:12 am
Nibbles wrote:Oh and a quick rip for game 1BBB which was disbanded due to inactivity.
F
Larry Needlemeyer
Larry Needlemeyer
Pro Poster

Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:17 am
Tom Cat wrote:I would like to address a few concerns btw that I noticed upon reading back regarding Jerry. I hope you can elaborate on them so I may better understand why you did what you did. From what I saw, you also put Larry higher on your list of SRs but instead proceeded to vote me, which isn’t the main concern as I was second on your SR list, but THEN proceeded to say you would vote up Banana Joe.  You did also start the original lunch of Larry which makes me ever so slightly suspicious but I’m not fully convinced at this stage. You also instigated the lynches on Joe, which to be fair were very much apparent and deserving, but I’m starting to wonder about you. I’m also putting a provisional vote on Darwin rn just cause I think that it’s the right play for now.
Vote Darwin
This scripted tone still gives me an inherent desire to hit directly against something my head is not hard enough to break: ie. a large rock.
That aside tom friend, lets talk! He was pushing on banana joe all of early-midday, he very clearly scumread him on some level correct? In that case where is the issue with the lynch, are reads not allowed to fluxuate throughout the day? Are fluxuating reads scummy?
You need to get from point A. (pushed banana joe and instigated lynches) to point B. (this is inherently scummy). Until you do this is another substanceless post, albeit with a bit more potential than your other posts that had no hot takes™.

Also walk me through your darwin read?
Larry Needlemeyer
Larry Needlemeyer
Pro Poster

Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:35 am
oh while im at it lynch tom
Nibbles
Nibbles
Pro Poster

Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:37 am
Larry Needlemeyer wrote:
Page 2:
Darwin v Tibbles early scuffle reads loosely TVT imo (less due to the interaction itself and more due to their individual merits), can break this down when I dont have 7 more pages to read.

God, 2 posts in and I see why banana was lynched. How did this slot flip green?????????

I can’t even fault jerry for the misread there. Lmfao. Jerry can probably have a townlean for their spamposts page 2. If only because his thought processes were so similar to my while I read the first page and a half. Das usually a good thing.

Page 3:
Quacker’s wallpost… existed I guess? I feel like I shouldve pulled more a read from it than I did. I just didn’t get much from this, like my takeaway was supposed to be…? I can vibe with the darwin callout at the very least. Not sure what to think of the darwin slot, because most of their jokes are basically jokeposts. Nyeh. Both of the aforementioned slots feel like they are gonna be a pain to read.

Jerry is my spirit animal honestly.

Tom’s first post felt… scripted and unimpressive? It feels very much like a thread summary than a post and honestly? Not a fan. Also the tone of the post bothers the hell out of me but thats far more likely to be a posting quirk (although I hope his posts aren’t like that all game, someone’s gonna need to put glasses on me to read this guy straight if they are)

Nibbles readlists: Meh? Felt unneccessary. Not inherently scummy though.

Tom’s second post: More thread summary posting. Only thing of note in here is a hard stance on nibblez, in which its easy for scum to point to a highposter and say LOOK ITS TOWN. Give me a take please and ty.

Maybe I’m just blind but Quacker’s posts throughout pages 4-5 arent really pinging green for me like they seem to be everyone else. Not like I’m running around waving the banner of SCUMQUACK but nyeh.

(Forgot to post pages and i’m like dozing in and out of sleep atp so everything above is page 3-5, deal w/ it)

Page 6: Another fake asf post from tom, like, im reading each and every one of his posts. They all A: repeat points
B: come with no personal takes of his own
C: have terrible tone that SCREEEEEEEEEEEAM i spent a year and a half crafting this masterful paragraph
Debating on whether or not this is Quacker’s banana defense in general is white knighting banana whilest knowing they are far and away the likelies lynch, and knowing they would flip green. Thoughts on this?

Page 7: Remind me to go back and reread gumball v nibblez im going to friggin sleep. I got distracted way to many times catching up.

Page 8: ITS A WHOLE NEW DAY AND A WHOLE NEW LARRY (i’ll read everything d2 tommorow, for now until someone gives me a reason)
lynch tom the cat

You already did that lol
Larry Needlemeyer
Larry Needlemeyer
Pro Poster

Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:39 am
Nibbles wrote:In response to expected questions/issues:
Yes I consider myself towncore with Jerry, and potentially Quacker too.
There may be mistakes, yes. It's comprehensive. I'd be surprised if there are no mistakes. That said, it should generally be right
This was objective, but it is what I see. You may feel your interactions were different than how I posted, but try to look at it objectively before objecting. Most objections will be valid but many will not.
Yes I referred to myself as 'Nibbles' (3rd person) for ease of understanding.
There is no standard format for how to make these because interactions happen in different ways
Some interactions seem limited but that is mainly because one or both players were inactive

Give me more questions and make amendations to the table.

Don't judge me for play Minecraft or having two browsers (I only use Edge)
not comfy giving quacker a towncore nod ftr, we’ll see after today
Larry Needlemeyer
Larry Needlemeyer
Pro Poster

Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:49 am
Jerry Mouse wrote:Actually,  I think shooting and no lynching might be a play. We basically push through an early lynch and get discussion time. Although, that does give us little time to actually think of the lynch, so I would suggest against it given the state of the game rn. Our doc gave us an extra day so I think we should take it.

translation @ everyone if we shoot, we dont lynch (unless the shot hits red) , if we lynch we dont shoot .
cool? cool.
Larry Needlemeyer
Larry Needlemeyer
Pro Poster

Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:50 am
wew finally caught up
Nibbles
Nibbles
Pro Poster

Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:52 am
Larry Needlemeyer wrote:
There may be mistakes, yes. It's comprehensive. I'd be surprised if there are no mistakes. That said, it should generally be right
This was objective, but it is what I see. You may feel your interactions were different than how I posted, but try to look at it objectively before objecting. Most objections will be valid but many will not.
There is no standard format for how to make these because interactions happen in different ways
Some interactions seem limited but that is mainly because one or both players were inactive

With the towncore I have basically gone: 'Hmm, this person has contributed beneficially a lot, so has this guy, oh and they did too.' Jerry and I have helped a lot (it isn't just massposting; it's massposting useful views) and quackers has tried to as well but their arguments are often fallacious, hence why they aren't quite there. (Gumball is a universal tr but not towncore because he hasn't been particularly helpful btw)
Nibbles
Nibbles
Pro Poster

Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:52 am
Larry Needlemeyer wrote:

translation  @ everyone if we shoot, we dont lynch (unless the shot hits red) , if we lynch we dont shoot .
cool? cool.

That's just repeating what's already been said, which is totally useless.
Larry Needlemeyer
Larry Needlemeyer
Pro Poster

Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:53 am
Nibbles wrote:
Larry Needlemeyer wrote:

With the towncore I have basically gone: 'Hmm, this person has contributed beneficially a lot, so has this guy, oh and they did too.' Jerry and I have helped a lot (it isn't just massposting; it's massposting useful views) and quackers has tried to as well but their arguments are often fallacious, hence why they aren't quite there. (Gumball is a universal tr but not towncore because he hasn't been particularly helpful btw)
ehh respectfully disagree on your definition of a towncore but if that is your definition thats fine ig
Kliff
Kliff
Admin
https://mafia-townie.forumotion.com

Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:58 am
Plurality applies, Hammer:4. If hammer is Reach before Deadline, Night Phase Will begin. You have 36 hours left by the time this post was created.
Vote Count 2.1

Like a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heaven

Gumball Watterson (0) -

Darwin Watterson (2*) -
Game 1AAA: Semi-Open Setup (Preseaon) - Page 10 1210Game 1AAA: Semi-Open Setup (Preseaon) - Page 10 110
Tom Cat (1) -
Game 1AAA: Semi-Open Setup (Preseaon) - Page 10 210

Nibbles (0) -

Quacker (0) -

Jerry Mouse (0) -

Larry Needlemeyer (0) -

PLayers Who Arent Lynching-

Game 1AAA: Semi-Open Setup (Preseaon) - Page 10 510Game 1AAA: Semi-Open Setup (Preseaon) - Page 10 910Game 1AAA: Semi-Open Setup (Preseaon) - Page 10 1610
Game 1AAA: Semi-Open Setup (Preseaon) - Page 10 810

Like a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heaven

Deadline Will be 11:30 pm November 10th EST
Gumball Watterson
Gumball Watterson
Pro Poster

Sat Nov 09, 2019 3:12 pm
Jerry Mouse wrote:
Gumball Watterson wrote:

Honestly if Larry wasn't a town PR or scum then they probably shouldn't have done that. It gives me enough reason to keep suspecting them

Jesus christ if you weren't mechanically town I'd be lynching you now out of frustration. You're still dodging the question, why did you initially scumread Larry > Joe, and why is that specific instance of plurshift scummy? You're just restating your previous posts.
First of all I'm not mechanically town. That was a fakeclaim and honestly I think it might've worked since there were no nks. And also I'm not sure why you're trying to ask people why they didn't lynch the town member? You're treating Joe like he was scum when in reality we should probably take a look at the people who were on the Joe lynch.
Nibbles
Nibbles
Pro Poster

Sat Nov 09, 2019 3:54 pm
a FAKECLAIM
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum