Mafia-Townie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game 1AAA: Semi-Open Setup (Preseaon)

+5
Nibbles
Larry Needlemeyer
Quacker
Darwin Watterson
Banana joe
9 posters
Go down
Darwin Watterson
Darwin Watterson
Pro Poster

Game 1AAA: Semi-Open Setup (Preseaon) - Page 12 Empty Re: Game 1AAA: Semi-Open Setup (Preseaon)

Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:14 am
Gumball is town. We lynch larry today.
vote larry
Darwin Watterson
Darwin Watterson
Pro Poster

Game 1AAA: Semi-Open Setup (Preseaon) - Page 12 Empty Re: Game 1AAA: Semi-Open Setup (Preseaon)

Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:16 am
Tom Cat wrote:Here‘a an interesting tidbit to throw everything for a loop. I’m OS roleblocker. So I’m useless now and I’m just holding on the fact that there might be no doctor and I RB’d the scum: who was Darwin, hence my vote. Only thing of real substance imo rn.
shit.... nevermind then i have no idea what could have stopped the kill. I am OS Watch Immune Doctor, docd gumball.
Darwin Watterson
Darwin Watterson
Pro Poster

Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:17 am
imo larry is still the lynch
Darwin Watterson
Darwin Watterson
Pro Poster

Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:17 am
actually... This makes me sr Tom Cat on top of Larry, as his roleblock must be fake
Darwin Watterson
Darwin Watterson
Pro Poster

Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:18 am
switching my vote to this as i really doubt it
lynch tom cat
Darwin Watterson
Darwin Watterson
Pro Poster

Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:20 am
Quacker wrote:
Tom Cat wrote:Here‘a an interesting tidbit to throw everything for a loop. I’m OS roleblocker. So I’m useless now and I’m just holding on the fact that there might be no doctor and I RB’d the scum: who was Darwin, hence my vote. Only thing of real substance imo rn.

I call bs on this claim, big bs, this genuinely feels like a desperate fakeclaim
i really really agree with this
Nibbles
Nibbles
Pro Poster

Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:43 am
Quacker wrote:
Nibbles wrote:
Quacker wrote:
Gumball Watterson wrote:
Jerry Mouse wrote:
Gumball Watterson wrote:
Jerry Mouse wrote:plurshifting isn't inherently scummy, self-preservation is something both town and scum would want to do. I feel like if you want to talk about scumreading someone """"especially for the plurshift"""", I'm gonna need some more elaboration on why that specific instance of self-pres is scummier than it is town. The way I saw it, Larry and Banana were the two lynch contenders and in any alignment, shifting onto the other contender is generally an acceptable play.

Also I kinda disagree with Darwin lynch here, like they've been useless throughout the game but I don't feel they've been outright scummy enough to warrant being lynched over like Larry.

I have some thoughts about Tom I was planning to post, I'll get to that later

Honestly if Larry wasn't a town PR or scum then they probably shouldn't have done that. It gives me enough reason to keep suspecting them

Jesus christ if you weren't mechanically town I'd be lynching you now out of frustration. You're still dodging the question, why did you initially scumread Larry > Joe, and why is that specific instance of plurshift scummy? You're just restating your previous posts.
First of all I'm not mechanically town. That was a fakeclaim and honestly I think it might've worked since there were no nks. And also I'm not sure why you're trying to ask people why they didn't lynch the town member? You're treating Joe like he was scum when in reality we should probably take a look at the people who were on the Joe lynch.

what the duck

I can't bring myself to SR them as much as everyone's SR'ing them (I don't see why they would claim that they fakeclaimed as scum right now, when they had little to no pressure?), also I don't get why scum would fakeclaim DayVig sod1, this is going to sound rude but knowing the potato plays Gumball has been making I won't be surprised if they actually did this as town

They aren't OS Dayvig, hence people wanting them to shoot forces them to tell the truth. Scum can quite happily claim dayvig sod1 if they think it makes them seem town. And as much as scum should never fakeclaim dayvig, town should be even more averse to it.

I'm not going to deny the fact that town should just never fakeclaim a dayvig, the fact that scum fakeclaimed dayvig of all roles, and then announced the fact that they are not dayvig with little to no pressure? Just doesn't add up

You're looking at it as though Gumball is scum. It doesn't make sense for scum to claim dayvig, so Gumball must be town. This is fallacious reasoning however. Consider that Gumball could be town. It doesn't make sense for town to claim dayvig, so Gumball must be scum. You see the problem? The reason that I think Gumball is scum, then, is because scum does have more reason to fakeclaim anything in the first place. As for the retraction, it's clear that Jerry and I wish for a shot into no lynch. Gumball, knowing he cannot shoot, feels he must retract as early as possible because pretty much everyone will sr someone for retracting only when absolutely forced to.

Quacker wrote:
Nibbles wrote:
Quacker wrote:

I call bs on this claim, big bs, this genuinely feels like a desperate fakeclaim

Why? Why are you calling bs? Because 'feels' or gut isn't a reason. Could you explain why you immediately sus that, because if the only reason is that you already sred Tom Cat then you're just being stubborn.

As for my own view of that claim, it's probably the right play for other kill stopping roles to claim if and only if Darwin starts getting pressure for it, and otherwise should stay quiet for now. Gumball is the lynch for today imo, but if we end up massclaiming and no other kill stopping roles exist then we do get a conf scum in Darwin.

No, not at all. There's so much stuff happening right now, the fact that Tom Cat comes in, gives their claim and says nothing seems really scummy to me
Not only that, but the fact that they said it's a "provisional" vote, and without even looking at reactions or anything now all of a sudden come up with a roleclaim, nah I can't buy it

Gumball also came in, claimed, and then moved on with very little said. I don't agree with the first part. The 'provisional vote' part is true though. It is odd that he would only call it provisional. Still, I can see how he would be hesitant to claim that when it wasn't too likely that rbing Darwin was the reason no kill went through. On the other hand, he is now vt so it wouldn't have been so terrible.

I'm going to list my reads now:
Jerry: Tr (was tl, but poe makes him tr)
Quackers: strong sl
Darwin: slight sl
Tom Cat: sl
Larry: slight sl
Gumball: sr

which now I look at it has a lot of scumleans and only 1 townread, which isn't particularly helpful. My preferred lynches go Gumball > Quackers > Tom Cat > Darwin > Larry (> Jerry).
Jerry Mouse
Jerry Mouse
Pro Poster

Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:53 am
Nibbles wrote:
Quacker wrote:
Nibbles wrote:
Quacker wrote:
Gumball Watterson wrote:
Jerry Mouse wrote:
Gumball Watterson wrote:
Jerry Mouse wrote:plurshifting isn't inherently scummy, self-preservation is something both town and scum would want to do. I feel like if you want to talk about scumreading someone """"especially for the plurshift"""", I'm gonna need some more elaboration on why that specific instance of self-pres is scummier than it is town. The way I saw it, Larry and Banana were the two lynch contenders and in any alignment, shifting onto the other contender is generally an acceptable play.

Also I kinda disagree with Darwin lynch here, like they've been useless throughout the game but I don't feel they've been outright scummy enough to warrant being lynched over like Larry.

Honestly if Larry wasn't a town PR or scum then they probably shouldn't have done that. It gives me enough reason to keep suspecting them

Jesus christ if you weren't mechanically town I'd be lynching you now out of frustration. You're still dodging the question, why did you initially scumread Larry > Joe, and why is that specific instance of plurshift scummy? You're just restating your previous posts.
First of all I'm not mechanically town. That was a fakeclaim and honestly I think it might've worked since there were no nks. And also I'm not sure why you're trying to ask people why they didn't lynch the town member? You're treating Joe like he was scum when in reality we should probably take a look at the people who were on the Joe lynch.

what the duck

I can't bring myself to SR them as much as everyone's SR'ing them (I don't see why they would claim that they fakeclaimed as scum right now, when they had little to no pressure?), also I don't get why scum would fakeclaim DayVig sod1, this is going to sound rude but knowing the potato plays Gumball has been making I won't be surprised if they actually did this as town

They aren't OS Dayvig, hence people wanting them to shoot forces them to tell the truth. Scum can quite happily claim dayvig sod1 if they think it makes them seem town. And as much as scum should never fakeclaim dayvig, town should be even more averse to it.

I'm not going to deny the fact that town should just never fakeclaim a dayvig, the fact that scum fakeclaimed dayvig of all roles, and then announced the fact that they are not dayvig with little to no pressure? Just doesn't add up

You're looking at it as though Gumball is scum. It doesn't make sense for scum to claim dayvig, so Gumball must be town. This is fallacious reasoning however. Consider that Gumball could be town. It doesn't make sense for town to claim dayvig, so Gumball must be scum. You see the problem? The reason that I think Gumball is scum, then, is because scum does have more reason to fakeclaim anything in the first place. As for the retraction, it's clear that Jerry and I wish for a shot into no lynch. Gumball, knowing he cannot shoot, feels he must retract as early as possible because pretty much everyone will sr someone for retracting only when absolutely forced to.

Quacker wrote:
Nibbles wrote:
Quacker wrote:

Why? Why are you calling bs? Because 'feels' or gut isn't a reason. Could you explain why you immediately sus that, because if the only reason is that you already sred Tom Cat then you're just being stubborn.

As for my own view of that claim, it's probably the right play for other kill stopping roles to claim if and only if Darwin starts getting pressure for it, and otherwise should stay quiet for now. Gumball is the lynch for today imo, but if we end up massclaiming and no other kill stopping roles exist then we do get a conf scum in Darwin.

No, not at all. There's so much stuff happening right now, the fact that Tom Cat comes in, gives their claim and says nothing seems really scummy to me
Not only that, but the fact that they said it's a "provisional" vote, and without even looking at reactions or anything now all of a sudden come up with a roleclaim, nah I can't buy it

Gumball also came in, claimed, and then moved on with very little said. I don't agree with the first part. The 'provisional vote' part is true though. It is odd that he would only call it provisional. Still, I can see how he would be hesitant to claim that when it wasn't too likely that rbing Darwin was the reason no kill went through. On the other hand, he is now vt so it wouldn't have been so terrible.

which now I look at it has a lot  of scumleans and only 1 townread, which isn't particularly helpful. My preferred lynches go Gumball > Quackers > Tom Cat > Darwin > Larry (> Jerry).

Quackers over Tom Cat? Does his recent posts defending Gumball ping you that hard? I'm kinda reading Quackers town here, his play is consistent as he defended Joe seemingly one-sidedly too on Day 1, although he has stated he harboured a scumread on him anyways.

also, Vote Darwin

Either Tom is scum and lying, Darwin is an OS Watch Immune Doc and Gumball is Town, or Darwin is lying, Tom is an OS RoleBlocker and Darwin was the blocked scum.

And as the Tracker, I can confirm Darwin went absolutely nowhere last night. This is a mechanical scum, policying Gumball can come later
Darwin Watterson
Darwin Watterson
Pro Poster

Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:54 am
Jerry Mouse wrote:
Nibbles wrote:
Quacker wrote:
Nibbles wrote:
Quacker wrote:
Gumball Watterson wrote:
Jerry Mouse wrote:
Gumball Watterson wrote:

what the duck

Quacker wrote:
Nibbles wrote:
Quacker wrote:

which now I look at it has a lot  of scumleans and only 1 townread, which isn't particularly helpful. My preferred lynches go Gumball > Quackers > Tom Cat > Darwin > Larry (> Jerry).

Quackers over Tom Cat? Does his recent posts defending Gumball ping you that hard? I'm kinda reading Quackers town here, his play is consistent as he defended Joe seemingly one-sidedly too on Day 1, although he has stated he harboured a scumread on him anyways.

also, Vote Darwin

Either Tom is scum and lying, Darwin is an OS Watch Immune Doc and Gumball is Town, or Darwin is lying, Tom is an OS RoleBlocker and Darwin was the blocked scum.

And as the Tracker, I can confirm Darwin went absolutely nowhere last night. This is a mechanical scum, policying Gumball can come later
imagine being this much of an antitown player
Jerry Mouse
Jerry Mouse
Pro Poster

Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:00 am
If anyone else would like to claim with the cascade of claims that have come, please do so now. We're at the point where the game can be partially solved mechanically and now is the best time to claim to make sure the solve doesn't lack crucial information.

As it stands, the claims are as following:

Gumball is a not-DayVig

Darwin is an OS Watch Immune Doc who docced Gumball the not-DayVig

Tom the OS Roleblocker blocked Darwin the OS Watch Immune Doc from doccing Gumball the not-DayVig

Jerry (me) is the Tracker who tracked Darwin to nowhere

The 2 roles that could stop a kill, Tom the Roleblocker and Darwin the Doc, have stopped a kill. Darwin the Doc has been confirmed to have gone nowhere by Jerry the Tracker.

That means that the kill was not stopped by a "Doc", ergo the kill was stopped by the Roleblock. Since Darwin was the roleblocked player, he is mechanically confirmed to be scum.

This is why it is important for any other possible influential role to claim now, or forever hold your tongue, as any new information that will change this solve needs to be announced right now.
Jerry Mouse
Jerry Mouse
Pro Poster

Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:01 am
Darwin Watterson wrote:
Jerry Mouse wrote:
Nibbles wrote:
Quacker wrote:
Nibbles wrote:
Quacker wrote:
Gumball Watterson wrote:
Jerry Mouse wrote:
Gumball Watterson wrote:

what the duck

Quacker wrote:
Nibbles wrote:
Quacker wrote:

also, Vote Darwin

So we've gone to not playing straight to ad hominem. At least try to anti-spew when you're a caught scum...
Darwin Watterson
Darwin Watterson
Pro Poster

Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:02 am
Jerry Mouse wrote:
Darwin Watterson wrote:
Jerry Mouse wrote:
Nibbles wrote:
Quacker wrote:
Nibbles wrote:
Quacker wrote:
Gumball Watterson wrote:
Jerry Mouse wrote:
Gumball Watterson wrote:

what the duck

Quacker wrote:
Nibbles wrote:
Quacker wrote:

also, Vote Darwin

So we've gone to not playing straight to ad hominem. At least try to anti-spew when you're a caught scum...
oh honey, youre cute, im anything but caught scum.
Jerry Mouse
Jerry Mouse
Pro Poster

Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:05 am
@Quackers @Nibbles we need to vote off Darwin now, providing no new claims are made. I was planning to head straight to bed after skimming but this new piece of information arose and necessitated my claim. We can leave other priorities aside, Darwin is mechanical scum rn.

Otherwise, I'll hope I can get up before deadline tomorrow to see if I can provide some final thoughts. Today has been too much of a shitshow for me to go through the rest of the game apart from the 2 major events happening today.
Darwin Watterson
Darwin Watterson
Pro Poster

Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:05 am
Jerry Mouse wrote:@Quackers @Nibbles we need to vote off Darwin now, providing no new claims are made. I was planning to head straight to bed after skimming but this new piece of information arose and necessitated my claim. We can leave other priorities aside, Darwin is mechanical scum rn.

Otherwise, I'll hope I can get up before deadline tomorrow to see if I can provide some final thoughts. Today has been too much of a shitshow for me to go through the rest of the game apart from the 2 major events happening today.
yikes, you really are this type of player. msg me postgame if you need help w anything, because you are definitely missing something if youre town
Larry Needlemeyer
Larry Needlemeyer
Pro Poster

Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:34 am
Uhhh lemme keep reading and i’ll get back to you. More importantly, as town, why would you EVER EVER EVER pop ur OS RB day 1 when you were NEVER EVER EVER getting nk’d n1 based on in activity alone? Walk me through your thought process.
Larry Needlemeyer
Larry Needlemeyer
Pro Poster

Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:37 am
Darwin Watterson wrote:Gumball is town. We lynch larry today.
vote larry
idt, vibing with lockscum gumball either. But walk me through why he’s town? Idgi
Larry Needlemeyer
Larry Needlemeyer
Pro Poster

Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:38 am
idt that i’m*
(god mobile sucks on this site)
Nibbles
Nibbles
Pro Poster

Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:39 am
Jerry Mouse wrote:@Quackers @Nibbles we need to vote off Darwin now, providing no new claims are made. I was planning to head straight to bed after skimming but this new piece of information arose and necessitated my claim. We can leave other priorities aside, Darwin is mechanical scum rn.

Vote Darwin Watterson
Ummm wth is going on there is a better lynch than an os dayvig fakeclaim. But yeah, unless people claim other kil-stopping roles this is scum or it's jerry + tom

Darwin Watterson wrote:

yikes, you really are this type of player. msg me postgame if you need help w anything, because you are definitely missing something if youre town

What are we missing?
Darwin Watterson
Darwin Watterson
Pro Poster

Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:40 am
Nibbles wrote:

Vote Darwin Watterson
Ummm wth is going on there is a better lynch than an os dayvig fakeclaim. But yeah, unless people claim other kil-stopping roles this is scum or it's jerry + tom

Darwin Watterson wrote:

What are we missing?
the fact that im conftown
Larry Needlemeyer
Larry Needlemeyer
Pro Poster

Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:40 am
Darwin Watterson wrote:
shit.... nevermind then i have no idea what could have stopped the kill. I am OS Watch Immune Doctor, docd gumball.
Oh lmao never mind, this explains gumball town POV
Darwin Watterson
Darwin Watterson
Pro Poster

Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:41 am
btw i think @nibbles lynch on me was hammer @kliff
Nibbles
Nibbles
Pro Poster

Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:41 am
ummm do explain
Nibbles
Nibbles
Pro Poster

Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:42 am
oh it was?
Nibbles
Nibbles
Pro Poster

Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:43 am
I should check these things before I lynch but it's whatever because if this flips scum then it's scum and if it's town then Jerry + Tom are scum, or if my reasoning is off then at least Tom is.
Kliff
Kliff
Admin
https://mafia-townie.forumotion.com

Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:54 am
Hi,  currently away from My pc. But hammer has occurred and I will do the stuff in about and 1 hour when i get home. (You may talk until I officially make it night)

Last edited by Kliff on Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum